2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 F150 "Texas Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baroy,

Easy on your replies, friend. The guy from NM wasn't being derogitive.

FYI, Men from Texas don't call any truck (Other than the Titan) "Pretty". We also don't use words such as "Golly" either ;-).

Don't take offense to this posting either, I've intended it to be "informative".

The Texas Edition that you saw was done to compete with the "Texas Edition" from Dodge.

Sackett

Old 04-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Suspended
Wheres the Compton Edition? Comes lowered with switches, gold wire wheels, cameleon paint job, and for a extra $200 you get curb feelers.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumper,

They named that edition the East St. Louis Edition... not compton. Chevrolet already had dibs on the Compton edition... it also features a 20,000 watt stereo system and a kilo of coke.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Suspended
..don't forget about the cup holders that double as a bong holder.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Sackett
Baroy,

Easy on your replies, friend. The guy from NM wasn't being derogitive.

FYI, Men from Texas don't call any truck (Other than the Titan) "Pretty". We also don't use words such as "Golly" either ;-).

Don't take offense to this posting either, I've intended it to be "informative".

The Texas Edition that you saw was done to compete with the "Texas Edition" from Dodge.

Sackett
Uhhhh, thanks... friend.???? BTW.. next time you don't want someone to take offense, don't be offensive. Just trying to be "informative". ;-)

Anyway, yeah I did come down on CrAz3D way too harshly. I had actually waited to see if HE had taken offense, and was prepared to appologize. I came in a bit torqued up that day and spewed a bunch of uncecessary schit. My bad.

Back on topic.... Forgot the camera, but took a closer look and have the details. This started out as the standard TX/OK package. The following changes were made.
20" EVO Rims
P285 Eagle GT Tires
Aftermarket Leather w/ embossed Texas Edition badges - really soft and really "Pretty"... really!
Moon Roof
Bolt Over Billet Grille
DVD w/ dual monitors in headrests of front seats
Standard "Texas Edition" Badges removed
"Texas Edition" written in rear tint

Anything else was too small to notice... kinda like the "other" stick price that I missed the first go around. All for the low, low price of $42,000. I guess they figured they had $11,000 in upgrades??? Don't bother trying to do the math. My guess is that it was $5500 cost, and they just doubled it.

It was sharp, but I wasn't reaching for my wallet.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Sounds like they added quite a bit on in house. Seems like quite a few dealers are getting into the aftermarket add-ons. If you're ever heading out West towards Columbus (45 miles W of Houston), Columbus Ford usually always has a lifted, aftermarket added F-150 displayed in front on top of some Boulders next to I-10 that's really done up.....or in your case "pretty" ;-) ..... :-)

So, did your dealer take care of you on your problem with the truck a week or so back?

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 "Texas Edition"