2004 - 2008 F-150

Clutch Packs - After Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005 | 06:41 PM
|
Clutch Packs - After Replacement

Just as an FYI-

Had mine done about a month ago. I took it back in for several more items and told my SA that it still felt like it was shuddering.

The problem he believes is that the helper to the guy on the heavy repair line did not soak the packs long enough in the anti-friction additive before they were installed.

If you're still having problems after having the fix performed, make sure you bring it up again. There could still be a problem that they should fix!

KE

Old 04-05-2005 | 08:55 PM
I took mine in for the shudder and ended up with a thud and slipping everytime I took off.

Another trip into the dealership and I've got a new drive shaft waiting to be installed on the truck.

I'd almost be hesisitant to tell people that are having the clutch pack issue to take it in until Ford gets their crap together and fixes the vib/slipping/shudder problems from the drive train. The very few times my truck slipped haven't been as aggravating as the new issues that arose from the drive shaft problem.

Old 04-06-2005 | 08:52 AM
MINE WENT IN FOR SHUDDER ,CAME OUT WITH GEARS HOWLING,WENT BACK IN ,CAME OUT WITH GEARS GRINDING UPON DOWNSHIFT OR HARD BRAKING,WENT BACK IN FOR TWO DAYS AND SHIM KIT...FINALLY GOT IT....

Quick Reply: Clutch Packs - After Replacement