2004 - 2008 F-150

Rancho RS5000 now available for 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005 | 12:00 PM
|
Rancho RS5000 now available for 2WD

Haven't run across this info on the site yet and a quick search for Rancho didn't produce anything obvious, so I thought I'd post this for information purposes and search hits. If this info is buried in another thread and you think this post is repetitive, too bad.

I called Rancho this morning to ask about shock availability for the 04-up new body style F-150 in 2WD, which doesn't seem to have many options at this time for aftermarket shocks. They gave me the following part number info:

RS5000
Front: RS5774
Rear: RS5285

They show no immediate plans for other shock models being made for the 2WD.

Old 04-15-2005 | 07:06 PM
It's almost always a good idea to put up such a post like this! Thanks.

Now, playing the ignorant one, what would be the benefit of getting these shocks? I'm seriously asking as I just don't know. Give me the 2" in height that those 4x4's have over me and I'll buy them today!

Old 04-15-2005 | 11:11 PM
|
These are direct replacements for the OEM shock at stock ride height. I've always disliked the OEM shocks on all of the Fords I've owned. I think that they are too bouncy and I don't always feel like I have the control over the vehicle that I want. These shocks would be stiffer than OEM, resulting in less bounce and better contact with the road. It's all personal preference. Some people like the fact that the truck rides like an old Town Car, but that's not the type of ride I want in a truck. Having said that, these shocks are not going to automatically transform the truck into a rough riding vehicle like trucks used to be years ago. The shocks are still mounted outboard of the leaf springs in the rear, so you will still have the benefit of that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the shocks are only responsible to limiting the amount of "aftershock" that the springs produce. The shocks do not support the weight of the vehicle, only help to reduce the amount of bounce in the springs after they have compressed and rebounded.

Quick Reply: Rancho RS5000 now available for 2WD