2004 - 2008 F-150

New to the board

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005 | 11:48 PM
|
From: Nursing the heartache of departing with an 03 Cobra
New to the board

Hello all, I am new to the board and I have a few questions. I just bought an 05 stx supercab with the 4.6. I love the truck but man is it a pig! I am wondering what I can do to wake it up a little bit but nothing to extreme. I just got rid of an 03 cobra that was an absolute money pit and I am trying to get rid of the mod bug for the time being at least. What should I start with? I will try to get some pics up within the next few days. Thanks in advance!

Old 04-15-2005 | 11:53 PM
Welcome Aboard! Give it sometime to get used to your driving habits. My 05 Scab has the same engine and I was really worried at first about lack of power but now after 1 month and 2 days of ownership it has waken up somewhat. It runs really good and I feel like I have plenty of power as well. As far as mods go there is plenty of info on this site. Use the search button. I do all the time

Old 04-16-2005 | 12:08 AM
get a predator

Old 04-16-2005 | 12:08 AM
Welcome Hans

Hate to tell you this but you've come to the wrong place to get rid of the mod bug.These bums here have almost sent me into bankruptcy(yes all of them twisted my arms to buy this that and the other) to make these trucks our own.
To me the 5.4 is no better in power in these heavy beasts.I'm biting at the bits waiting for the stage 2 kit from Troyer to wake mine up.
Jump over to the chips board and read what Mike has done to several trucks.You wont be dissapointed.

Let The Mods Begin

Old 04-16-2005 | 12:21 AM
|
Yeah, I am afraid of what I will probably end up doing to this truck. Only 500 miles and I am considering tampering with the computer, I just can't leave my vehicles well enough alone. I have already ordered the k&n intake kit as I have been happy with the kits that I have had on my mustangs.

Old 04-16-2005 | 01:55 AM
Welcome to the forums. Hows the credit cards...you will find alot of things around here that will look great on your truck.
Later Trev

P.S. Dont look in my gallery!

Old 04-16-2005 | 06:19 AM
to the forum Hans Sprungfeld

The only mod you need to wake up the beast is an Xcalibrator. Get Mike to do three custom tunes of your choice for you and you’ll be all set.

Old 04-16-2005 | 08:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Welcome to F150online.com!

I agree with what's already been said, a tuner of some type would be your first best bet, you've already got the intake tract handled, and an exhaust would probably net your best gains. At least you've got one of the lighter F150s to haul around with that 4.6, so don't be discouraged.

Old 04-16-2005 | 05:46 PM
Welcome ...
Good luck with the new truck..

Old 04-16-2005 | 06:03 PM
|
These are some seriously nice trucks on here folks! My head has just been swimming with ideas since I've done a little researching. This really is a whole new world for me because I have never owned anything but Mustangs since I was 16. I am very excited now though, I love adventures!

Old 04-16-2005 | 08:33 PM
Welcome to F150online! This is a great place for ideas, information, and ways to spend money.

Here's a second vote for the Xcalibrator. Easily the "Best Bang for the Buck" mod.

Give www.troyerperformance.com a click.

Old 04-16-2005 | 08:40 PM
|
I am very impressed with these sct products, it seems that they are far superior to the competition. I had the predator for my cobra and I liked it although I was some what dissapointed with the out of the box tunes but then again you just don't know until you get on the dyno. I just don't want to get caught up trying to make this truck into something it was never meant to be though.

Old 04-16-2005 | 09:00 PM
i think youll be suprised with the xcalibrator, i got mine from doug at bamachips.com it really woke up my truck, its a night and day difference

Old 04-16-2005 | 09:10 PM
|
Yes I am definitely going to consider the xcalibrator. I am also curious about these triton motors though. I am completley ignorant as to the strength of the components and just how far they can be pushed before you have to tear into them.How much do they differ from the modulars built at the windsor and romeo plants?

Quick Reply: New to the board