2004 - 2008 F-150

Power Windows Done.... updated gallery!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005 | 02:54 AM
Nice and clean install. I like!!!

GOOD JOB!!!

Old 04-17-2005 | 02:58 AM
jokergomez81, on the express up etc. Not relays, actual express modules.
They work exactly like the stock express down module ford uses, because they are ford express modules.

You use one module per window, per direction. I have four modules inside my dash, so my windows go up and down auto.

If you only want part way you can just use the switch normally, or stop it part way by pushing again. I am quite spoiled by it. There are safety features built in, of course.

On using the center to mount the switches, nice thing is you can change them to door mount in about an hour or two. You just have to cut holes and add a third switch. Of course you have to replace the ten dollar center piece to make it look stock.

To tell the truth, most cars I've owned with power windows had the switches in the center, Sports cars, and import luxury cars. My Caddies were the exception, having always had the switches in the door. Given my 'druthers' I like them better in the middle.

Cool that we can all do it 'our way'.
Chris

Old 04-17-2005 | 03:38 AM
I am going to need some links to the products as well as some assistance in wiring. If I buy this stuff will it allow me to lock/unlock the doors with the alarm remote? I ordered my steering wheel already, and that should be here soon... a nice Lariat leather wrap one with cruise. Picked it up off eBay for $100. Not too bad...someone fill me in.

-Chris

Old 04-17-2005 | 11:36 AM
|
Heres the power window kit I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Heres the power locks and alarm (yes you control the locks with the alarm remote):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...767107923&rd=1

I think Chris actually got his even cheaper yet I I went with those because they were buy it now and had EVERYTHING I needed(didnt have to buy horn or switches seperately). The wiring for mine was also different from Chris's because I went ahead and got the alarm. ALOT of the wires on the alarm system you dont really need (trunk, dome light,....) Basically all I did was tap into the 12v ignition straight from the ignition harness and tapped into the parking lights straight from the switch also. The rest was just grounding and wiring the locks to the alarm, not very hard at all if I could figure it ou completely by myself!(with a head start from Chris) If your serious about getting the kit I ordered then let me know and I'll draw out a complete color diagram for you.

Old 04-17-2005 | 12:47 PM
jokergomez81 Those switches are perfect for express. How much room was there under the plastic at that point? Never really looked there.
Chris

https://www.f150online.com/forums/li...Category_Code=

Old 04-17-2005 | 01:19 PM
Originally posted by KaNigIt
Heres the power window kit I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Heres the power locks and alarm (yes you control the locks with the alarm remote):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...767107923&rd=1

I think Chris actually got his even cheaper yet I I went with those because they were buy it now and had EVERYTHING I needed(didnt have to buy horn or switches seperately). The wiring for mine was also different from Chris's because I went ahead and got the alarm. ALOT of the wires on the alarm system you dont really need (trunk, dome light,....) Basically all I did was tap into the 12v ignition straight from the ignition harness and tapped into the parking lights straight from the switch also. The rest was just grounding and wiring the locks to the alarm, not very hard at all if I could figure it ou completely by myself!(with a head start from Chris) If your serious about getting the kit I ordered then let me know and I'll draw out a complete color diagram for you.
I alreadyhave a factory alarm, any way to wire the locks into that? Or would I just be better off going to the dealer and letting them do it? The power window thing looks pretty easy, and I think I might go ahead and order that kit. I'll let you know...thanks!

-Chris

Old 04-17-2005 | 02:00 PM
Is your factory alarm an actual ford remote? I ask because many dealerships put in their own parts, more profit.

You would have to use two relays to use the factory remote, assuming it is factory.
The wiring is fairly simple, but off the top I don't know which wire you tap. I do know it's in the door sill on the drivers side, which is where the dealers put the relays also.
Chris

Old 04-17-2005 | 04:59 PM
It's not a Ford remote, most likely it is something else. It's not like any other Ford remote I have ever seen, probably some Jap crap. Oh well, it still does the job. it does honk the horn and flash the lights if you set it off though, no cheesy aftermarket horn. Lemme see if Google has got a pic of my remote. It says Code Systems Inc. on the back, so I assume it is not factory, since this is an STX and all, and it came with nothing extra

On the due bill it says "Ford alarm" so should I go back and make them install a factory alarm?

-Chris

Old 04-17-2005 | 07:46 PM
No, but demand the book that came with it. With two relays you can make it a door lock opener, just have to find the right output wire.
It can also open a 'trunk' lock, or a tailgate lock. Wiring up the relays is four wires each, simple.
If you get the 'schematic' for the wiring on the unit, in the book, then locate the module and tap into the wires (really very easy) you can use it to power door locks.
You can do the whole job for whatever a set of relays and a pair of two wire door actuators cost. 20-25 bucks from e-bay.

If you can do any soldering, or even wire crimping, you are most of the way to keyless entry. Cheap too.
Chris

Old 04-18-2005 | 05:00 PM
|
Hey Chris.... after some thinking i realized to have the remote windows i was talking about it woul dbe a whole lot easier with the express up/down. Couldnt I just wire one of the "aux" button aka the trunk into the express up/down module(s)? If so where did you get yours? THANKS!

Old 04-18-2005 | 10:06 PM
Could I get that link please. Thanks

Old 04-19-2005 | 07:39 AM
Old 04-19-2005 | 09:58 AM
|
What link Joe?

Old 04-20-2005 | 10:37 PM
|
BUMP!!!!

"Hey Chris.... after some thinking i realized to have the remote windows I was talking about it would be a whole lot easier with the express up/down. Couldnt I just wire one of the "aux" button aka the trunk into the express up/down module(s)? If so where did you get yours? THANKS!"

Old 04-21-2005 | 08:37 PM
Hi, just got back from five days on the beach. Still catching up on e-mail, etc.
Quick difference for anyone interested in express/auto/etc. windows.

The modules sold as after market express windows use a 'switch to ground' system. In basic terms, after you install the little unit, usually on two windows, per unit, then ground momentarily the switch wire. The windows, both together, go the direction you chose when you installed them. They go all the way, all at once.
The idea is that you hit your open key, and your windows roll down. or more likely, you lock your truck, and the windows roll up.
Sort of a 'one trick pony'.

You could send the 'trunk' signal, and the windows would either roll up, or down, depending on how you hooked them up.

The express modules go into the wire that runs your window down. Or up, if that's what you want.

Each Ford module controls one window, one direction.
The modules are 100% internal, and the ‘control’ is your regular window switch. Unlike the 'remote' units.

So for remote window, you need a 2 window express module, 15-30 bucks. It will let you run the windows up by pushing the trunk button, for example. It will not work when you touch the window switches, it won’t even be involved. You could put a small contact switch in the cab that ran the windows up if you touched it. That would be in addition to, or in place of the remote. Remember, with this, the windows go one way, both at once, with one module.

This is all easier to do than write about….

Remote express modules are easy to get off e-bay.
Ford express modules, the kind that integrate with your window switch, are cheapest to get from a pick a part. Way under 5 bucks apiece.
Chris

Quick Reply: Power Windows Done.... updated gallery!