2004 - 2008 F-150

Power Windows Done.... updated gallery!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Windows Done.... updated gallery!

I finally had some time to finish my power window installation. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Heres a few pics of the installation and final product in case any other STX or XL owners are thinking about either power windows or locks..... Id definately recommend both. You can order the window kit from ebay alld ay long for $99.95 and $50 for the locks/alarm system. Ley me know if you want a link (both are great sellers!) When I have some time I'm gonna take a trip to radioshack for a couple relays to wire the windows in to the keyless entry! THANKS ChrisAdams and everyone else fromt his forum!

Old 04-16-2005, 03:54 PM
And the final product:

Old 04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Clean install. Very nice!

Old 04-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Real clean.

Nice job man!

Old 04-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Very nice install.

Also you took great pictures. Wish I had done that, but I tend to get in such a hurry to finish, I never think of it till it's too late.

I do see one difference. I mounted my Colibris which are bigger, arc up, not down, so the motor part fit in the curve at the bottom rear of the hole. That way I could 'brace' it against the door, and use a lot shorter metal tape. You can get more curve in the SPAL set, plus you can bend it sideways a little. The Colibris were a tighter fit.

How is the speed?

Are you gonna spend the ten bucks or so and make them express down?

Chris

Old 04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Looks great!

Old 04-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice job, I never seen one like that, I still cant figure out how that works, looks very different from mine, just finished mine 2 weeks ago. Hers some pics
http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...n=548272&pos=1

Old 04-16-2005, 10:10 PM
still cant figure out how to post pics in the windows!

Old 04-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Suspended
Old 04-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Old 04-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Suspended
Once you post the picture online. Right click on it and click properties. Copy the URL address. and than when posting a reply click on the IMG button in the vB Code section and than a box will pop up and than all you need to do is right click and click paste.

I hope that helped you..

Old 04-16-2005, 10:44 PM
thanks

Old 04-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi jokergomez81. What switches are those? Did you put them in?
They look cool. do you have a picture of the passenger one?

I talked to my wife about putting them there, but she was afraid rain would hit them, or somone might reach in the window and lower it. Since I put them to only on when the key is on that didn't come up anyway. And my VentVisors would have probably kept the rain off also.

Here was my method;

Super easy to do, and I only needed two switches. They are express up/down both of them. I like it because either driver or passenger can lower either window.
Still, always looking for other ways to do these things.
Chris

Old 04-17-2005, 12:28 AM
thanks Chris. I bought these swithes here http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...Category_Code=
I did the install myself. These swithes are child safe, kids cant get injured or killed with these.(Suffocate) even though I dont have kids. I did wire the hot wire to the ignition wire so you can only operate windows in start. Still wondering what to do with the hole. How did you get yours to express up or down? relays?

Old 04-17-2005, 12:29 AM
THANKS EVERYONE!

Actually I ment to take pictures when I installed the drivers door but I forgot and told myself I wouldnt the second time around and since I would have more time.

I decided to mount mine there for two reason.... after I played around with them for a while thats where the placement seemed to give the least stress on the transmission and second because there already happened to be holes there!

As for the speed, Im proud to say it is actually slightly faster than I would have imagined for such big windows. Yet, they are also a little louder. Though I really dont seem to notice with regular driving conditions....

hey jokers - I believe chris mentioned how you had placed your switches up there before I started and thats actually where I wanted to put them but my parents (the owners of the truck so I gotta follow their rules and thank them for trusting me to do some much of my own work on it!) also thought it wasnt a good idea since I wanted to wire them directly into the battery (though i ended up not) and they also feared someone might roll them down. So my second suggestion was chris's placement but they said they wanted them on the door for "resale sake". We finded agreed upon where they are yet the problem was the back of the switches just barely touched the metal so if you take a look at the pictures you can tell I had to cut out a good chunk of it (even more on the drivers side).

As of now im not sure about the express up/down mainly because I rarely roll my windows completely down. Though, I am looking into wiring them into the keyless entry through a relay as an auxilary and using a "3 second pulse". But like I said I ended up not wiring it directly to the battery.

Quick Reply: Power Windows Done.... updated gallery!