2004 - 2008 F-150

As I stop, I feel like I'm getting rear ended??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005 | 03:50 PM
|
Banned
Angry As I stop, I feel like I'm getting rear ended??

for a couple weeks now as I go to stop at a red light, JUST before the truck stops, another BIG push comes from the engine kinda of like gettign rear ended where I have to slam the brakes on to stop the truck after it was almost stoped in the frist place! It only did this a few time before, but now today it did this most every stop I make! It scares the hell out of me thinking I was just hit from behind it's that bad!! What in the world is this about now??? I really wanted a week to go by without having to go to the dealers, but doesn't look like it's going to happen. Anyone know what the problem is on this?

Old 04-19-2005 | 03:56 PM
Re: As I stop, I feel like I'm getting rear ended??

Originally posted by TritonXLT
for a couple weeks now as I go to stop at a red light, JUST before the truck stops, another BIG push comes from the engine kinda of like gettign rear ended where I have to slam the brakes on to stop the truck after it was almost stoped in the frist place! It only did this a few time before, but now today it did this most every stop I make! It scares the hell out of me thinking I was just hit from behind it's that bad!! What in the world is this about now??? I really wanted a week to go by without having to go to the dealers, but doesn't look like it's going to happen. Anyone know what the problem is on this?

Never had this problem in my F150, but my mom's JEEP CHEROKEE does this. I have chalked it up to the transmission downshifting (vehicle expecting to stop) and it creates a small surge similar to what you have described.

Old 04-19-2005 | 04:20 PM
|
Banned
Re: Re: As I stop, I feel like I'm getting rear ended??

Originally posted by thw420
Never had this problem in my F150, but my mom's JEEP CHEROKEE does this. I have chalked it up to the transmission downshifting (vehicle expecting to stop) and it creates a small surge similar to what you have described.
thats exactly how it is!! Has anyone had this problem on there F150?? If so, what needed to be fixed?

Old 04-19-2005 | 04:25 PM
Re: Re: Re: As I stop, I feel like I'm getting rear ended??

Originally posted by TritonXLT
thats exactly how it is!! Has anyone had this problem on there F150?? If so, what needed to be fixed?

not had a problem on this or my previous F150. Before that I had an 89 Chev that did it all the time. And yes, it feels like you've been bumped.

Old 04-19-2005 | 04:28 PM
If you're trying to lemon law your truck, why mess w/ it? I know the lemon law isn't guaranteed to come out in your favor though. Huh, I guess I might have answered my own question. Oh well, since I'm here, what have you heard about you case and when will you know if youwin or lose the case?

Old 04-19-2005 | 04:32 PM
That's Funny my Wife's Jeep Cherokee does it also, They replaced the drive shaft and it went away for 30,000 miles but then it came back.

Old 04-19-2005 | 05:48 PM
|
Banned
Originally posted by GB150
If you're trying to lemon law your truck, why mess w/ it? I know the lemon law isn't guaranteed to come out in your favor though. Huh, I guess I might have answered my own question. Oh well, since I'm here, what have you heard about you case and when will you know if youwin or lose the case?
yeah, I'm going through this lemon process still. It takes forever! Ford has 40 days to come to a settlment, or we go to court with them, but more then licky it won't boil down to going to court. Ford has another 20 days to respond with a settlement.

As far as my truck goes though, I know I'm going through that process and everything, but would like to get this fixed though since it scares the crap out of me when I go to stop since it always feels like I'm getting hit from the rear! I'll drop the truck off after work Tomorrow and have them see whats wrong with it again.

Old 04-19-2005 | 08:13 PM
If I was going through the Lemon Law process I would take it to the dealer for everything that went wrong.

Quick Reply: As I stop, I feel like I'm getting rear ended??