2004 - 2008 F-150

? About Airaid & Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? About Airaid & Magnaflow

Howdy guys.

I have a quick question for those who have this combination. I have an '04 Lariat Supercab and just recently installed an Airaid and Magnaflow (SISO (stock location)) exhaust. Overall I am pleased with the engineering that went on in designing the intake & Exhaust. The exhaust went in with hardly any problems, just some minor tweaking and cutting involved.

When I took it for a test drive the truck felt sluggish. Sort of like my torque diminished, not a whole lot but just enough to tell, especially off the line. I do realize maybe that the muffler might need some breaking in due to all the crap it had in it.

I was wondering if this was normal? Or is it that the computer has to "relearn" its settings? ( I disconnected the battery)

Overall I am pleased with the results. I do notice some droaning inside at about 2K Rpm. and the intake is quiet except at full throttle, just how I like it. Anyhow, any input would be appreciated...

Old 04-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Welcome to f150 online lepwew,
You need one more mod to really wake your truck up. Custom tuning from Troyer Performance. Currently, I'm using a Superchips 1714 max tuner, and the 91-93 octane hi performance tune. I like it a lot, but I have custom tuning on order.
Maybe some of the guys that already have custom tuning will chime in, or you can use the search button and dredge all kinds of info up. Good luck with whatever you decide...Kevin

Last edited by kevhunt; 04-21-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Did you disconnect the battery while you were installing the new toys? Eventually your truck will re-learn your driving habits with your intake and exhaust, but disconnecting the battery will just speed up the process.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:50 AM
lep...just curious. What sort of 'crap' was in the Mag muffler? Was the muffler SS or aluminized?

Old 04-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Curmugeon
lep...just curious. What sort of 'crap' was in the Mag muffler? Was the muffler SS or aluminized?
They come from the factory with a coat of grease inside and outside the pipes. I think that's what he's talking about...Kevin

Old 04-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and the input guys. I am going to let it run a while like that, and hopefully the computer will relearn its settings. There is tons of usefull information on the board, just a shame I cant be on it as much as you guys are.

Kevhunt: The main reason I wanted to get the intake and exhaust was for the Xcalibrator. I have been hearing great things about it and there's no doubt that's what I'll get next. I just wanted to make sure the truck was able to breathe better too. heheh

Backlash: I sure disconnected the battery which is why I think its so sluggish.

Curmugeon: That crap is exactly what kevhunt described. Kind of has that "new" from the factory smell. I know it had grease and junk all over it and it was a SS unit.

Take care guys and keep it safe...

Quick Reply: ? About Airaid & Magnaflow