2004 - 2008 F-150

MERGED: power mirror conv. help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005 | 02:27 PM
|
Help!!!!!

I know this is not the right area for this question, but I was getting no responses from the electrical section........

I am coverting my manual mirrors to power with signal indicator on my 05 STX reg cab. I bought my mirrors off Ebay and recently recieved them in the mail. I am also putting in power windows and locks. All items have arrived and am ready to do the install. My question is as follows. Does anyone know how to install the mirrors? I have been told I can switch out the junction box and buy a wiring harness from Ford. If this is possible does anyone have the part numbers to the wirning harness and junction box? I have the wiring diagram, but it doesn't help much. I think I'll be able to figure out windows and locks, but if anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them. I'm installing the Electric life custom fit window kit and the MES door locks with keyless entry. I want this installation to look stock, so I purchased door panels as well. All that is left is the caps(for the door panel)and switches. Please help with any info. Thanks guys/gals you have been a great help.

Old 04-21-2005 | 02:45 PM
Suspended
Do a search. I remember seeing someone wrote an excellent review on how to install the power mirrors.

Old 04-21-2005 | 03:02 PM
|
That article was for the power folding mirrors. I already bought the regular power mirrors with signal before I saw that post. That would have been a sweet mod. Wish I had seen that post first. Anyway thx

Quick Reply: MERGED: power mirror conv. help