2004 - 2008 F-150

Check out the new ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to the forums, nice lookin truck.
Trev

Old 04-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine the only mods to the truck will be induction (filter) and an exhaust system. Does anyone make an "h-pipe" kinda like what you can get for a mustang. I used to have a '96 4.6L GT with a prochamber, and it sounded nasty. I bet the 5.4 with no cats would sound fantastic.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by billgatesceo
Thanks for the props guys! Yeah, I am sure that I won't put a drop on the truck. Mainly because it is my wife's vehicle. The wife always gets the best ride, many married men should be able to attest to this. I get to drive the '97 Cadillac Deville and the '90 300ZX. I decided to upgrade so that I could get something that I knew would pull the boat out of the lake. The 'Trac was a one-legger, and this one has limited slip, etc. So I decided to trade, only $75/month more, it was a no-brainer. I definately got a good deal on this one.
Ford definitley did their research with women and trucks. One only has to look at the tailgate assist and power pedals to confiorm that. The Ford was the first choice for both my wifde and I.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
So I figured out what the scratches along the drivers and passenger side door is. The salesman came by today for my dad(cosigner) to finish signing the papers and he came in a brand new F150. I saw, on this one, they have some white foam edge protectors that they install from the factory for shipping. It looks as if when they pull them off it leaves itty bitty scratches behind. Also, the sales guy said the large dull sport is more than likely the protective plastic that they put on the sides and it left some residue. They said that they would buff it out when I go down to houston this weekend. Anybody else experience this.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:21 PM
yes,. i had to REJECT the first truck my stealer brought in. it had MANY "greasy looking" discolorization marks on the paint. also a black truck. my truck now i thought was mystery spot free, but it's not. it has one like 9"x13" oval on the front fender. waxing helps, but doesnt eliminate it. i think the dealers can get it off though using their techniques.
BTW sweet *** rims, i chromed my stock 18's. some people gave me chit, but the stockers with that stupid paint looks TERRIBBLE on a black truck. IMO, Ford overlooked this.

Quick Reply: Check out the new ride!!!