2004 - 2008 F-150

Less time in Truck then washing it

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005 | 12:32 PM
relentless washing

These trucks look so nice all cleaned up it's hard not to keep it clean. I wash it all the time and I only have 2200 miles on it.

As for the scrtches... I took mine back to the dealer (really nice body shop) and since they were just surface scratches, in the clear coat the buffed them out for me.... can't even tell they were thier.

Old 04-26-2005 | 12:58 PM
I keep mine clean as possible at all times, and on weekends it gets detailed out.

Old 04-26-2005 | 01:07 PM
Moderator &
Re: Less time in Truck then washing it

Originally posted by 2005F150SC
Or maybe its because RockPicks incessant posting about his clean truck all the time?
Don't blame me. I've gone on record more than once as having obcessive compulsive disorder when it comes to detailing...

RP

Old 04-26-2005 | 03:30 PM
i try to keep my 150 clean, but its my work truck, so it gets stains and stuff on the inside, the outside is all scratched up, so bad on the rock panel area i used roll on bedliner to put some more protection on the bottom. looks real good as a matter of fact, but i get around to cleanin mine up real good bout once a month maybe, but she is a workhorse, cant expect to be clean, unless im going somewhere. then i slip on a new tux for it. 45K and runs better than the day i bought it, gettn bout 18-19 mpg. my secret is the full synthetics. not that anyone really asked that, but there ya go.

Old 04-26-2005 | 08:17 PM
I hear ya 2005F150SC, Had my FX4 a little over a year and has 11,000mi. I also clean and wax it when it probably dosen't need it too! I wish I had a garage to keep it in though so it would be easier to KEEP clean.

HHIFX4, I would check w/ Rockpik if you really want to get the scratches out (unless your TRULY w/ craz3D) without removing paint. I used rubbing compound on my '90 F150 to remove a little scratch and it took the red paint off right to the silver under it ( big difference between rubbing and polishing compound).

I can't understand the thinking of spending almost $40,000 and beating the hell out of it(even my 03 E 350 cargo van gets cleaned and waxed regularly)If I wanted a scratched and dented POS I would save money and buy used. Just my opinion

Old 04-26-2005 | 08:55 PM
Just because it has a scratch in it doesn't mean it's a POS. Scratches are part of the territory if you ask me. If you actually use the truck for what it was made for IE, 4x4, hauling tools, lumber, towing the boat etc.. you are almost bound to get a scratch now and then.

But then again, I wouldn't spend almost $40,000 (and you got ripped off) on a vehicle and not use it what it was designed for. Just my $.02

Last edited by sacramentojoe; 04-26-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2005 | 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sacramentojoe
Just because it has a scratch in it doesn't mean it's a POS. Scratches are part of the territory if you ask me. If you actually use the truck for what it was made for IE, 4x4, hauling tools, lumber, towing the boat etc.. you are almost bound to get a scratch now and then.

But then again, I wouldn't spend almost $40,000 (and you got ripped off) on a vehicle and not use it what it was designed for. Just my $.02
I have a work van for work and my truck is my personal vehicle. If truly intended to use it for work, first of all I would find a 5.5' bed too short, and second I would get a heavy duty.

People spend a lot more than $40,000 on a car, so I don't believe I got ripped off. I also don't believe Ford designed my screw w/ power windows, door locks, power sliding window, leather captains chairs,center console, moonroof, 5.5'bed,aluminum rims for work. What do ya think?( My E 350 1 ton van has roll up windows, no carpet, small hub caps)

I really believe if you took a pole you would find most do not like their trucks scratched and most do not use them for work.I doubt very much that if everyone used them for what "their designed for" this web site would even exist.

Old 04-27-2005 | 12:15 AM
its a truck man get over it. you will have alot more fun driving it if you treat it like a truck instead of a jag.trust me.

Old 04-27-2005 | 01:14 AM
It is a sickness. After I posted, I read a post about putting on a second coat of NXT after 24 hours... ten minutes later I was washing the just waxed truck, and waxing it again. It doo loook purtty.

Somebody Stop Me
Chris

( I can quite anytime, sure, that's the ticket...)

Old 04-27-2005 | 07:25 AM
Moderator &
Originally posted by ChrisAdams
Somebody Stop Me
You're hooked. There's no going back now.

Old 04-27-2005 | 09:04 AM
Originally posted by jimmy k
I also don't believe Ford designed my screw w/ power windows, door locks, power sliding window, leather captains chairs,center console, moonroof, 5.5'bed,aluminum rims for work.

this argument would be believable if it wren't for the fact that these options are available in F350 duallies(which are definitely NOT personal vehicles)

Old 04-27-2005 | 09:33 AM
Suspended
I have fun with my truck and fun driving it. When I get some extra time you can bet Im cleaning from under the truck to the top, front to back, inside and out. Waxing it, cleaning windows, everything. My truck still looks brand new and doesn't have any scratches and I have FUN with my truck.

Old 04-27-2005 | 11:24 AM
Originally posted by J-150
this argument would be believable if it wren't for the fact that these options are available in F350 duallies(which are definitely NOT personal vehicles)
My thoughts exactly. I've got all those options (minus the captains chairs cause I don't like them) and I still use it as a truck. Notice he didn't throw in the 4x4 as a comparison. I guess they DID make it for that.

Old 04-27-2005 | 09:52 PM
Originally posted by J-150
Does it come with a 5.5' bed also? I see a lot of those loaded duallies too. Most I see are used to haul horse trailers and such.
Whatever dude, the guy posted about cleaning his truck a lot and someone has to chime in that "its a truck" and " thats what it's made for" Why? Whats the point?

Quick Reply: Less time in Truck then washing it