2004 - 2008 F-150

what are you guys using for battery terminals??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are you guys using for battery terminals??

I posted over in the "other aftermarket" section. But I know some of you guys have systems in your trucks. What did you do for battery terminals??

I'm haveing a hard time finding something nice and small. Truck came with two 4-guage wires and one 8-guage wire. I plan on adding one 4-guage and two 8-gauge wires.

So I need something to let me hook up three 4-gauge and four 8-guage. I was hoping to be able to find an adapter for the positive post, that would give me dual posts. Then I could just get two little battery terminals.

Old 06-23-2005, 06:03 PM
are you still going to use the stock battery?? if you were to upgrade say to an optima, you could get one with dual terminals and hook a few up to the side post. thats what i would do.

Old 06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
hahah ok you want to run...
Three (3) 4ga wires and Four (4) 8ga wires, what the **** do you plan on doing, if you were smart you would use a distrbution block with some 0ga wire

Old 06-24-2005, 09:34 AM
In my post in the other thread I was a little more in-depth. I didn't see a nice spot for the distribution block.

The truck comes with 2 4-gauge and one 8-gauge. So I'm only adding 1 4-g and 2 or 3 8 guage.

I plan on adding the 4gauge for my amps. And the 2 or 3 8 guage wires are for future upgrades. Such as spot lights, and other accessories. The problem I have with the distribution panel is the stock wires. I don't really see a spot that I can put the panel and have the stock wires easily connect to it.

Any of you have pics of how you guys ran them. I don't mind running a distribution block. I'm just having a hard time invisioning where and how to do it neatly.

Last edited by crudeau; 06-24-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:20 AM
What do you guys know about this thing...

PP2001-PT Tsunami thing for optima batteries

Dah, can't link it right. But that seems to be what I'm looking for, and pretty damn sweet as well. Size wise, how does the optima fit in an 05? In the past when I have picked up yellow tops, they are much much smaller then the stock battery.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by crudeau
What do you guys know about this thing...

PP2001-PT Tsunami thing for optima batteries

Dah, can't link it right. But that seems to be what I'm looking for, and pretty damn sweet as well. Size wise, how does the optima fit in an 05? In the past when I have picked up yellow tops, they are much much smaller then the stock battery.
heres his link tsunami thing-

Old 06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
can any of you take a picture of your battery terminals. Provided you added something (don't need to see what the stock ones look like). I think if I can see some pictures of how other people went about it, I can get my brain to start clicking.

Never had this problem with any of my other cars. Not sure why the F150 is making my brain fart.

Quick Reply: what are you guys using for battery terminals??