2004 - 2008 F-150

Loosing my mind! Opinions or slap in the head needed ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Tyme2Fish
It appears that the program will end before the 30-day limit. Also, dealers seems to be running low. I know my local dealer has moved a ton of rigs since this started.
Exactly tyme, thats why I said move fast. I would even say trade it at another dealer if you can find the truck you want. You may get a little higher trade allowance for it if they dont know all the background on your truck. The repairing dealer may be less inclined to "step up" on the appraisal know they will have to keep working on it before putting it on the used car lot.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by capritoms
An accurate estimate is around $50 more for every $1000 financed
Way off... If that were the case, then financing a $25,000 vehicle would have payment around $1250 per month... No way...

At an interest rate of 7%, for a term of 60 monhts, every $1000 financed is approximately $20 per month.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by capritoms
I got mine Wednesday and it was 3500...I am leasing though...maybe that is where the extra came from
Maybe that's the difference. I will check though.

Thanks

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tyme2Fish
the 3k essentially gets eliminated with the cash rebate. I'm considering just using an equity line and paying cash. I can't double-dip some on taxes...interest paid, and mileage for business.

Thanks!
Gotcha. Honestly man, due to all of the problems being fixed in the '05 model, it really would be like a new truck to you. You would love it! I say go for it, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:38 PM
|
Originally Posted by SAJEFFC
Exactly tyme, thats why I said move fast. I would even say trade it at another dealer if you can find the truck you want. You may get a little higher trade allowance for it if they dont know all the background on your truck. The repairing dealer may be less inclined to "step up" on the appraisal know they will have to keep working on it before putting it on the used car lot.
Good point. They've told me they will just wholesale it out as they have so many used cars on the lot right now.

I like the sales guy I've had, and that goes a long ways. They are hard to find! Also, I'd probably not get the warranty elsewhere...but heck, that might even wash.

Thanks a lot!!

Michael

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:39 PM
Trade it.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:47 PM
exx
It sounds like it would be a good idea to wait and let them fix it one more time if that would really make you happy with the truck but I think that truck sounds like a piece a junk even if they take it one more time and do a little work to it. If you still are not going to be happy with the truck even after they take it again for 30 days which sounds like is very possible man just get rid of it and pay for something that you are happy with, f150 or not. I have an 05 lariat screw at just over 7600 miles now and have had no problems except for some paint issues that can be buffed out. Truck is everything I wanted, love it, no complaints.

Last edited by exx; 08-12-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2005 | 06:17 PM
|
You guys rock! Thanks for all of the fast input.
I've pretty much decided it's got to go. I like the Lariat I have on
hold, but it's missing the Audiophile.

Funny thing is, I just got a call back from the local Titan dealer. He's trying really hard to beat the Ford deal and it sounds like he might. Loaded up LE with more features for potentially less money. Yeah, I know...step away from the light!....

Argh!

Cheers all!!!!

Michael

Old 08-12-2005 | 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by bamorris2
Way off... If that were the case, then financing a $25,000 vehicle would have payment around $1250 per month... No way...

At an interest rate of 7%, for a term of 60 monhts, every $1000 financed is approximately $20 per month.

I leased so maybe that is the reason. My payment is 342. If I would have kept my $1000 I made off of my 02 instead of laying it down on the 05 my payment would have been $396. Had I laid down $2000 my payment would have been $298. At least that is what it is around here on a 24 month lease.

Old 08-12-2005 | 08:07 PM
Trade that succa in. The dealership isn't going to fix it to your satisfaction and you'll loose the Family Plan. You're pretty much breaking even. If you bought at X-Plan, the A-Plan price is about 4% below that. The rebate deals with the negative equity. Sounds like a winner to me. Your still getting in way below MSRP.

Take the plunge bro.

Old 08-12-2005 | 08:51 PM
WHy not just give them the truck to try to fix one more time. If they cant, then you should be able to go back to the board and say "look, I gave thenm another chance and they still cant fix it, its time I get a replacement vehicle" Then you wouldnt havr to worry about all this..

Just a thought.

Im going thru the same thing right now, going to the shop next week for the last time. If they cant fix it, its lemon law time or something.

BREW

Old 08-13-2005 | 12:29 AM
Suspended
CHIT! This is bad news!

I say go for option 2. I wonder what they're going to do for me because Im trying to do the same thing pretty much. Im even taking my leveling kit off tomorrow just so they can't blame it on that when they inspect it on Tuesday. Ugh, this whole ordeal makes me so mad.

Old 08-13-2005 | 01:03 PM
|
Thanks again guys. I've removed the self-imposed pressure to move too quickly. (I think)
My plan now is to wait a couple days and see what I can come up with. I have a bit of time before I have to accept, and the family deal has a couple more weeks.

Cheers!

Michael

Old 08-15-2005 | 12:18 PM
If the 05 is at the dealer you have been trying to get your 04 fixed at and is a party to the BBB negotiation, you may be able to convince them to give a little more to settle the case and go on with life. Since they and Ford say there is not a non-repairable there should be nothing negative about your truck to decrease its value below fair market. You might shop another dealer just to see if you are being treated fairly financially.

Old 08-15-2005 | 04:10 PM
I was upside down with other issues on my last truck and the dealer that F'd up was the dealer that gave me the best to just to leave them alone.

Imo Trade it in and the money will seem like nothing compared to all the headaches trying to field phone calls and follow up on the status of the truck etc etc.

Quick Reply: Loosing my mind! Opinions or slap in the head needed ASAP!