2004 - 2008 F-150

Loosing my mind! Opinions or slap in the head needed ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005 | 04:53 PM
|
Loosing my mind! Opinions or slap in the head needed ASAP!

ok, here's the deal. I have one of "those trucks" ...you know, the mysterious vibe, the steering chatter (Feels like it's out of balance at 65-70 mph), window rattles, chewing up brakes, etc...leads to frustration beyond what I want to deal with. 04 -SCREW- Lariat, audiophile, rear-sensor, heated sets package, homelink, tow package, 4x2.

I'm probably going to spew more here than I should, but here goes. Frankly, I'm way to stressed about this and hate where I have my head right now. Hell, I'm 42 years-old and stressed like a dog at the nueter clinic!

Situation; currently in the middle of a BBB arbitration case. At this point, an independant inspector has confirmed some problems, not confirmed others. Confirmed there was a vibration and pointed towards possible engine mis-fire since he feels it mostly under load. (PCM has latest re-flash). Ford is now saying "engine mis-fire is new problem and we welcome the opportunity to fix. They of course have denied everything under the guise of "within normal operating ranges" and "performs similar to others trucks"...yada, yada..
I now have the oppotunity to accept the ruling or reject and close the case. The ruling is "give FMC 30 days to fix and/or further evaluate".
---the whole reason I started this process is because Ford didn't/wouldn't/couldn't fix!----doh!

The rig, when entering the BBB filing, had been into the shop 28 days. Maybe I'm not being patient enough because I know others have had much more time down.

My choices;
1) continue to roll the dice and see where it goes in regard to the BBB deal. Let them try once again to resolve. If they can, great. If not, I don't know what happens. As I currently understand it, I can then appeal to the arbitrator stating they can not fix so please re-evaluate the case. What that means, I really don't know.

I have very little faith that this will be resolved by Ford within 30 days. And if they do fix the issue, it will be temporary like usual.

2) Take advantage of the deals on the 2005 models. This means trading in my rig in an ultra-soft resale market. I originally purchased on X-plan for 31.9k. After T&L it was around 34.8k. My payoff is 23.5k. Current appraisal is 20,560 trade-in (ouch...bend over dude) equaling 3k upside down. (it could be worse, and usually would be when buying with minimal down after this short a time)

I drove a 2005 Lariat that has everything but the audiophile and homelink. Sitckers at almost 38k Family plan price is roughly 31.7k and then a 3k rebate on top of that. Driving is like noght and day. The new truck is smooth and has NO vide issues that I can detect.

3k rebate washes my negative equity. So I buy at a-plan + T&L. I think I can get a Platinum extended warranty for no cost.
End result is I eat all money spent so far on the 2004. (approximately $10k + the current $3k rebate), and spend around 34.5k out the door on a new one. Comes down to essentially starting over.

3) dump it for another brand. Least attractive option right now. It's really hard, IMHO, for another vendor to equal what this truck offers. About the only one close is the Titan.

----------

I'm leaning towards option 2. Just get it over with, and get on with life. It's too damn short.
Then my buddy says...what are you, and idiot! Why would you buy another Ford?
Then my wife say..."you're friggin insane!"
I keep thinking, ok...how long do I let this go on. Truck is loosing value every day. A-plan deals will be over soon, and inventories are low all over as it is.

Argghh!!

Sorry for the rant here.

time for some prozac and beer I suppose.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:02 PM
I understand your frustration! Right now there are 3500 in rebates available...so you would be 500 to the good on the trade in and would be getting a new one on A-plan so you wouldn't be that much different! Hope that helps...a little anyway

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:03 PM
I say take the hit and dump it. I took a 7k hit on that same truck and I'm in the business! The 05's do seem to be much better, mine is anyway, and the family plan will help you out a lot...I'd do it before its over. Life's too short to get stressed over a dang vehicle.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by capritoms
I understand your frustration! Right now there are 3500 in rebates available...so you would be 500 to the good on the trade in and would be getting a new one on A-plan so you wouldn't be that much different! Hope that helps...a little anyway
I thought it was just $3000...did they add another 500 today?

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:04 PM
'time for some prozac and beer I suppose.'

lol! good luck dude...

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:05 PM
I got mine Wednesday and it was 3500...I am leasing though...maybe that is where the extra came from

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:09 PM
Option 2 man...the $3k in negative equity will be added to your new loan, which, depending on your interest rate, may be an extra $50/month or so.

Most if not all of those problems are fixed in the '05 model. You should treat yourself to such a nice truck!

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:12 PM
Regarding #1, will the Ford family plan be over in 30 days? If not, i would give them the truck for one more last try. If it is not fixed to your satisfaction then trade it in on something else.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by anaheim
Regarding #1, will the Ford family plan be over in 30 days? If not, i would give them the truck for one more last try. If it is not fixed to your satisfaction then trade it in on something else.
Everything we are hearing anaheim says that Sep 6th is it...party's over.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by ToddziLLa
Option 2 man...the $3k in negative equity will be added to your new loan, which, depending on your interest rate, may be an extra $50/month or so.

Most if not all of those problems are fixed in the '05 model. You should treat yourself to such a nice truck!
An accurate estimate is around $50 more for every $1000 financed

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by ToddziLLa

the 3k essentially gets eliminated with the cash rebate. I'm considering just using an equity line and paying cash. I can't double-dip some on taxes...interest paid, and mileage for business.

Thanks!

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by capritoms
An accurate estimate is around $50 more for every $1000 financed
uh no not exactly. New car rates right now are around 4-4.5% at the credit unions here in S.A. $1000 on 60 mos =18.64 diff in payment. O n 48 mos it is $22.80 diff in payment...both examples are at 4.5%. If you can come out anywhere near even or just a little in the sauce the aggravation with the old truck is just NOT worth it.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:33 PM
|
Originally Posted by anaheim
It appears that the program will end before the 30-day limit. Also, dealers seems to be running low. I know my local dealer has moved a ton of rigs since this started.

Old 08-12-2005 | 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by SAJEFFC
Everything we are hearing anaheim says that Sep 6th is it...party's over.
Well BASED ON SAJEFFC'S info..... I say have a couple of beers and take the hit, life is to short to be turning the key every morning and wondering "what next".
(its also to short for only one beer)

Last edited by anaheim; 08-12-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-12-2005 | 05:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by SAJEFFC
uh no not exactly. New car rates right now are around 4-4.5% at the credit unions here in S.A. $1000 on 60 mos =18.64 diff in payment. O n 48 mos it is $22.80 diff in payment...both examples are at 4.5%. If you can come out anywhere near even or just a little in the sauce the aggravation with the old truck is just NOT worth it.

Looks like rates out here are a little higher. My credit union is advertising 5.99%. Dealer told me we could use an outside source for 5.49.

Quick Reply: Loosing my mind! Opinions or slap in the head needed ASAP!