2004 - 2008 F-150

Magnaflow or Banks Monster

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow or Banks Monster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an 05 KR Crew that I picked up a few weeks ago, and after a brief break-in period, I will be looking for an aftermarket cat-back system. My question is to see if anyone what any opinions(pros/cons) of either, most importantly, Im looking to see what people have paid from from the internet. I went to a store in Sioux Falls today, and the idiot quoted me $1200, WTF. Please include model #'s.

Anyways, thanks in advance for your replys.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Magnaflow supposedly gives you the most hp gain without any loss of torque but what you like should be the deciding factor.

Here’s a page with Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust System for 05’s (# 34 through #39)
http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...oMoCo&start=30

Old 08-17-2005, 05:57 AM
acutally a better way would be to go to magnaflows website, find the part number you need and go from there. you will get more info from magnaflows site then you would from troyers

Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Just a few (quote snips) of many from someone who actually does R&D on all performance products, finding the ones that do the best job; that’s what it’s all about.

Originally Posted by Superchips_Distributor
(Snip
we strictly recommend Magnaflow for these vehicles, as they are the only exhaust manufacturer for thee trucks that we have seen really doing the job consistently on part-throttle torque, and torque below about 3000 rpm at *any* throttle position - and their peak HP gains are excellent as well.
(Snip
By the way, your exhaust has NOT cost you any torque - this is precisely why we use Magnaflow, because they are doing proper flow engineering to *prevent* the loss of torque that is so common with almost all cat-back exhaust systems made for any truck or SUV - so while it's normal to think that because it is a common problem with cat-back exhaust systems for trucks & SUV's, that is not an issue with Magnaflow.
(Snip
We test many parts for these trucks, as we do not accept manufacturers claims - many of them will say anything to make a buck, you know how that goes. Magnaflow simply does the best job in terms of not only peak HP gain, but most importantly, part-throttle torque at any rpm or throttle position, which is key for the driveability of these trucks - as you can see in the comment from the other post, Gibson, along with Flowmaster & many other other exhaust brands, can actually cause a *loss* of part-throttle torque and torque at lower rpms regardless of throttle position, even though they do gain some HP at wide-open throttle - this is due to a lack of proper flow engineering to speed up the spent exhaust gases when upsizing the tubing diameter, and this loss of torque is a very common complaint among F-150 owners (and many truck & SUV models in general) who install cat-back exhaust systems, so the choice there is important. All of our vehicles wear Magnaflow - every single one of them - simply because it does the best job.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it.

jpdadeo, Do you by chance have the dimensions of the sub box in your truck?

Old 08-17-2005, 09:25 PM
I have the Magnaflow SI/SO catback system on my truck, and a buddy of mine has the Banks system on his Titan. Both are high quality systems, but the Banks system seems to have a much raspier sound to it. That and the HUGE 5" tip was enough to keep me away. The magnaflow exhaust has a much deeper and more mellow sound.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:26 PM
How loud is a Magnaflow in comparison to a Gibson?

I had A Gibson On my 02 supercrew and liked it,

But the magnaflow seems to give better gains.

thanks

Matt

Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 PM
go for the banks! i love mine!!

Old 08-17-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by golferdude1971
Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it.

jpdadeo, Do you by chance have the dimensions of the sub box in your truck?
Sub Box dimensions (down-firing) ¾” plywood glued and screwed

12” by 9” width & length
6 ½” front height – 5” rear height (does not include feet)
4 - 1 ½” by 1 ½” feet placed at the corners
Black speaker box carpet glued on all sides

Old 08-17-2005, 10:15 PM
ak_1fitty, is that a Banks Monster on your truck in your Gallary? If not, would you be able to take a quick photo and post it?

Old 08-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Magnaflow SIDO 16614!!! Check out my pics!!!

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6275

Old 08-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by hwm3
I have the Magnaflow SI/SO catback system on my truck, and a buddy of mine has the Banks system on his Titan. Both are high quality systems, but the Banks system seems to have a much raspier sound to it. That and the HUGE 5" tip was enough to keep me away. The magnaflow exhaust has a much deeper and more mellow sound.
Titans are MUCH lounder and raspier to begin with.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Banks all the way, I love mine and it looks and sounds great, Check out pics in my gallery.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow or Banks Monster