2004 - 2008 F-150

Mounting Location of grill/brush guards

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mounting Location of grill/brush guards

Where do the grill/brush guards mount? Do they replace the tow hooks? I'm considering having a custom bent bumper guard made. What do you guys think of bumper guards that don't cover the grill/headlight area?

Old 08-17-2005, 02:31 PM
I Think it depends on what brand it is. I know the westin bull bars mount where the tow hooks are, but I have seen other bumper guards that hook to the frame and come down completely under the front plastic valence.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As stated, some require removal of the tow hooks, some do not. My Waag Center Guard is mounted using the bolts of the tow hooks for the main connection, with secondary connections higher up. Tow hooks are not lost.
Also, some may require drilling, mine did not.

Old 08-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Can you post some pics of that bull bar? I really like the westin but dont wanna lose my tow hooks. Thanks

Old 08-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Ag,

Just get a ranch hand they look good hold up well, and have 4 mounting spots
Lower 2 you unbolt your towhooks and mount the ranch hand, then replace the tow hooks, the upper brackets wil bolt up in front of your tranny cooler if you raise your hood and look straight down you will see 2 holes in the frame, one is round and one is oblong, thats were the brackets go for the upper support, if you look look at the air space in the middle of your bumper, you will notice what looks like a small screen on each end, these pop out and that allows you to get a rachet up in there, also if you have a front license bracket pull up then out and the 2 top clips will come free letting the bracket swind down and giving you more room. When you get the brackets in just replace plastic parts u popped out.

I got my brush gurard from www.rockingrranch.net , its well made and heavy but if you can find a decent deal on a ranchhand, check Ebay i would go with the RH.

Last edited by MAXXIS2001SCREW; 08-18-2005 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Mounting Location of grill/brush guards