2004 - 2008 F-150

Fargin bastages stole my coverplates!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005 | 05:18 PM
|
BrianJ, you may be right. I try and go with reputable eBay traders. They are usually the ones with very high feedback ratings.

GrizfromKY, yeah it would be under my deductible for sure. I think what is upsetting is the hassle, not the money I'll be out. And I totally concur with your statement about Jesus whoopin a few. LOL.

Old 08-22-2005 | 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by freddytran

GB150, please let me know how much you would like for them. freddytran@yahoo.com. Thanks.
You've got mail.

Old 08-22-2005 | 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by brianj tn. f-15
just my 11 cents (inflation is real) i wonder if we buy that stuff on ebay if we our encouraging enterprizing folk to procure them very late at nite while honest fols are sleeping. this is not an endictment agaisnt all e bay traders but i remember in the 70's t tops were the hot thing to show up missing when insurance companies stopped buying used tops and would only pay for new units, the theft rate in michigan went down to zero.

brianj (tncruiser)
Oddly enough, most of the parts for F150 trucks seem to come from Michigan...
Kidding, but it's true.

The stuff on e-bay (just bought some caps yesterday) are mostly from small wrecking yards.
Any car parts thief is smart enough not to leave a paper trail back to him.

Even the dumb ones know better.
And most of the vendors have sales in the thousands and tens of thousands.
Lots of parts there come from dealerships, the parts guys generate extra sales, and unload unsold overstock.
Chris

Old 08-22-2005 | 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by freddytran
Punks stole my FX4 wheel coverplates! How much use can they get form them! I am a Christian, but I feel like beatin' someone! Thanks for the sounding board.

BTW, anybody have some they want to sell me. Haven't called the dealership to see how astronomical plastic is yet.

Some crack heads took mine off of my LARIAT SCREW If i would have caught them doing it i would have shoved one down his throat I went to a place that sold hub caps and got a set for $100.00 PLUS $45.00 for locks Hope this helps you

Old 08-22-2005 | 11:41 PM
Sorry about your luck freddytran....I know how you feel...only worse. I walked out of my apartment several years ago one morning only to find my 91 5.0L LX Mustang sitting on rocks. Took my factory 5-star wheels ,which were a hot commodity at the time. Another Mustang a few spaces down from mine had locks on his wheels and they only took his center caps.

Did you have locks on your wheels???....They might have been after more than your center caps.

Old 08-23-2005 | 03:00 AM
Check with your dealer and see who they use to add tire/wheel packages to the new rigs. I'd guess they would have a bunch of them laying around and might do you right on a set.

Just a thought.

MIchael

Old 08-23-2005 | 07:34 AM
Sorry for your loss.Been there.

Had a 74 Mercury Montego wagon,when first married.Someone stole the
wheel covers off of it.Went to a Lincoln dealer in Ft.Worth/they wanted like
$20/ea. per hubcap.No way.Went to a used hubcap shop,and I swear I think
I paid them $5/ea for my stolen covers.There reply was "We just got these
in Yesterday" Figures!

Old 08-23-2005 | 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I wonder if you could tell your dealer they all fell off?
HAHAHA good one thumper.

Old 08-23-2005 | 02:22 PM
|
Thank you everybody. My wife said she would take me to Traders Village when it gets a little cooler, and we'll probably find mine there.

Quick Reply: Fargin bastages stole my coverplates!