2004 - 2008 F-150

perimeter lighting...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005 | 06:15 PM
|
perimeter lighting...

I tried to disable my perimeter lighting by following instructions on page 90 of the manuel. But somehow it does not work, I've tried several times with no success. Does or has anyone tried this before? I only want headlights to stop turning on every time I push keyless ent. in the dark. thanks. :

Old 08-23-2005 | 06:33 PM
It does work, took me about 3 trys...
Don't forget steps 4 & 5

(This is from another post here)

To enable or disable this feature, perform the following steps within 30 seconds:
1. Turn the ignition to the ON position, the press the (UNLOCK) control three times.
2. Turn the ignition to the OFF position, the press the (UNLOCK) control three times.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON position, and within five seconds, press the (UNLOCK) control two times. A short horn chirp followed by a long horn activation confirms that the perimeter lighting feature has been enabled. A short horn chirp by itself confirms that the feature has been disabled.
4. Pressing the power door (LOCK) control two times again will turn the feature ON if it was previously OFF, or OFF if it was previously ON. Every two consecutive presses of the (LOCK) control after successfully entering the configuration mode will change the enable/disable condition of the feature.
5. Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit programming.

Ron

Last edited by IslanderXLT; 08-23-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2005 | 09:58 PM
|
Now when the manuel says, unlock, are you referring to the keyless entry unit or from the unlock button from your door?

Old 08-23-2005 | 10:03 PM
|
I just tried it didnt work......now I did get PCM reflashed, did that screw things up?????

Quick Reply: perimeter lighting...