2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally can take it in for taillight lens replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005 | 12:33 PM
|
Finally can take it in for taillight lens replacement

Among other things, one item i wanted the service dept. to do was replace the tail light lens for leaking, they would not replace them due to the fact that i could never get in with actual water in the lens. They told they have to take a pic and send it to Ford to get authorization.
Well, low and behold while washing my truck this morning i noticed one of the lens seemed darker than the other, the condensation has actually removed the chrome backing. So, back to the service dept. I go. Gonna ask them if i can wait while they replace them, i can't have the guy who drives a Dodge pick me up AGAIN.

Old 08-28-2005 | 01:11 PM
I'm sure you can find someone on here to come pick you up so you don't lose face in front of a Mopar man.

Old 08-29-2005 | 01:22 PM
|
So, on my way to work this morning i stop at the Ford dealer and show the service advisor the black spot on the chrome backing caused by water entering the lens. He tells me that i need to run a hose over the tail lights and get water in them, bring it back so he can take pic's to send to ford before he can do anything. Im calling BS on this one, I told him you can see the black spot clear as day therefore its a faulty part, but to no avail.
So, when i got to work i called another dealer's service dept. They told me to bring it in, if it clearly shows the chrome blackening its up to the managers discretion. All this over lousy tail lights...

Old 08-29-2005 | 07:24 PM
|
OK, last post on this....so i call my service dept advisor and tell him what the other dealer said, he tells me I must have called a much smaller dealer who does not turn in the number of warranty related repairs they do. Ford makes it harder for the larger dealerships based on this. Ford even sent them the "special" camera they have to use. So looks like i will have to deal with another dealer which is farther away but alot less hassle.

Old 08-29-2005 | 08:52 PM
how about you just put some water in the light and get it over with? i would hate to ahve to deal wtih everything youre going through just for a freaking light, its a COMMON problem i dont know why they are giving you such a hard time

Old 08-30-2005 | 08:51 PM
Damn, I'd find another dealer!

Old 08-30-2005 | 08:56 PM
|
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Damn, I'd find another dealer!
Im going to, the dealer i was dealing with (where i bought my truck) was just in a convienent location, i could take care of it while at work. Now i will have to take time off.

Old 08-30-2005 | 09:17 PM
I would go to another dealer, get it fixed.

Stop by a junk yard buy a junk tail light then go back to crappy dealer show them another dealer replaced the bad light then go upside the service managers head with the junk yard tail light until he was in the floor crying then throw the light at him and get in your truck with the new shiny tail lights gleaming and burn some rubber.

Quick Reply: Finally can take it in for taillight lens replacement