2004 - 2008 F-150

need major help

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005 | 02:59 PM
|
need major help

i just purchased an electric exhaust cut out for my 05 SCREW, my exhaust is 3 inches for about a foot after the cat then it narrows to 2.5 inches. i want to install it in the 3 inch section seeing as i orderd a 3 inch pipe but im not sure if it will fit, it looks like it will, but im not entirely sure, if it does it will pretty much but right up to the cat with about an inch of piping between the cut out and the cat, do you think this will work? if not is there any way to weld a 3" pipe to 2.5" ? thanks so much, im just trying to get any info i can

Old 09-02-2005 | 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by bofer
i just purchased an electric exhaust cut out for my 05 SCREW, my exhaust is 3 inches for about a foot after the cat then it narrows to 2.5 inches. i want to install it in the 3 inch section seeing as i orderd a 3 inch pipe but im not sure if it will fit, it looks like it will, but im not entirely sure, if it does it will pretty much but right up to the cat with about an inch of piping between the cut out and the cat, do you think this will work? if not is there any way to weld a 3" pipe to 2.5" ? thanks so much, im just trying to get any info i can

Sure. You can get adapters and weld them into place. An exhaust shop won't bother with a pre-made adapter. They'll just expand a 2.5 pipe on their machine to fit the 3 inch pipe.

No big deal. Don't worry about.

-Fatz

edit: In fact, I think this is the part you need at www.summitracing.com WLK-41973

Last edited by MnFatz; 09-02-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Quick Reply: need major help