2004 - 2008 F-150

Complete Mark LT Handle Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Quick question guys, on my aspen green/ arizona beige truck, do you think the arizone beige handle would look good or just stick with the aspen green, would have to paint my own. Since the tailgate doesn't show any arizona beige I doubt if it would look good there.
My opinion (for what its worth): Stay with Aspen green.. Arizona Beige will stick out too much..

Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Thats what I figured, just didn't want to go thru the hassle of getting them painted. Thanks

Old 09-25-2005, 01:12 PM
This is awesome! I have a Black Lariat and saw an LT last night...I was debating on doing the handles tryng t keep it monochromatic but I am all over it now....does anyone know where I can get directions to do it?

Old 09-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Suspended
Awesome post. I guess at this point I only have 1 excuse keeping me from doing this now.

And that is....

how difficult is the installation? Especially with the keypad? Is this something someone with light vehicle modding experience should tackle...or leave it to the pros? And any idea what a dealer would charge for the installation?

Old 09-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Awesome post. I guess at this point I only have 1 excuse keeping me from doing this now.

And that is....

how difficult is the installation? Especially with the keypad? Is this something someone with light vehicle modding experience should tackle...or leave it to the pros? And any idea what a dealer would charge for the installation?

Do it yourself, i believe in you. The keypad is easy, pops right off. The only part that can get a little mischievous is when you need to disconnet the rod(s) for the handle and the lock mech.

Old 09-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I was more worried about the taking off the door panel...I was having a problem locating some instructions on that but other posts mentioned they were on the site...guess I just have to search some. I am with Lumadar it is just a little scary to tear into such an expensive truck....I guess you can try it and if you don't do so well, climb in sliding window and take it to the dealer then.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Read thru this thread. It more or less tells you how to do it.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=197858

Old 09-27-2005, 10:26 PM
LT Handles

Hey guys.

Some things about the LT handles..

I ordered the handles for my DSG Scab and just FYI the driver handle came with the keypad attached so you don't need to order it separatly.

Tailgate came in first and was a snap to install.

The door handles came in today and I had a question about the passenger side.

You guys with the handles or Mark LTs can you confirm that the passenger side handle is NOT made with a keyhole? It seems that the Mark LT's do not have a passenger side keyhole therefore the handles are missing the cutout.

What is strange is that the bucket has the place in it for the lock to clip into and has the metal clip in place for the lock itself. Wonder why they would make it that way and not have the keyhole in the bucket?

The part number seems to be correct for what was ordered and what came in etc.

I kinda hate to give up the passenger side keyhole. I guess I could get a paint to match with a keyhole and use the chome handle off the mark lt one and make a hybrid.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by CMA22inc; 09-27-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:46 PM
All the handle "internals" are the same and are held on by a retainer system if that makes sense. No key hole on passenger side.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Im waiting for mine to come in. Ive got to repaint mine Bright Red.

I like the nokeyhole look. I would take it off the driver door if I could.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lizardking
Im waiting for mine to come in. Ive got to repaint mine Bright Red.

I like the nokeyhole look. I would take it off the driver door if I could.

DRIVER SIDE DOOR

Old 09-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Nice, but I have the keypad.

I put Mazda Tribute door handles on my Focus. Same handle except painted. I eliminated both keyholes, at least I could crawl through the trunk if I had no other way to get in.

asinatra, whats your plan in the event of a dead battery?

Old 09-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Lizard king, I heard some other guys talk about doing just that and I beleive the drivers rear is the same as drivers front...may just order that instead and you would have no key holes...makes sense for security...I had someone try and break into my '99 F150 through the key hole but I scared them off before they could get inside. Still cost me $500 to fix it since they hurt the door skin as well.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
I like the no keyhole look, but I have the keypad, so the driver door is the only handle that has the keypad and it has the keyhole.

So, if you go the no keyhole route, what is your plan if the battery in the truck goes dead? Your locked out with no way in.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah I hear ya that is exactly why I am probably not going to do it after thinking about it....the look is not worth the trouble if the battery dies.

Quick Reply: Complete Mark LT Handle Order Guide