2004 - 2008 F-150

Complete Mark LT Handle Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lizardking
I like the no keyhole look, but I have the keypad, so the driver door is the only handle that has the keypad and it has the keyhole.

So, if you go the no keyhole route, what is your plan if the battery in the truck goes dead? Your locked out with no way in.
Nope, asinatra did something very creative. I'll let him show you guys.

Old 09-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Got my tracking number today, they are on the way. Now do I rattle can them or load up the paint gun? Sometimes I can get pretty good results with the rattle can, other times the paint doesnt match or it just wont lay down on the part right.

I will have to see.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Ok, so I FINALLY get around to doing this mod and I got everything apart and going well. That is untill I had to take those plugs off the side of the door. Can someone tell me how the hell do I get those things off? I was poking, pulling, and couldnt get them out. Am I just a weakling or something? Any tips would be very appreciated of course.

Thanks ,

Luis S

Old 09-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Luis S
Ok, so I FINALLY get around to doing this mod and I got everything apart and going well. That is untill I had to take those plugs off the side of the door. Can someone tell me how the hell do I get those things off? I was poking, pulling, and couldnt get them out. Am I just a weakling or something? Any tips would be very appreciated of course.

Thanks ,

Luis S
Yep, you're a wuss. J/k. I don't know.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Tell me about it. I just gave it another go and nothing! theres got to be an easy way to do it. Any ideas? I would just rip the damn things off but Im not sure if you can get those parts by themselves. My girly fingers just dont have enough strength I guess. :o

Later,

Luis S

P.s. Sweet rims BTW...

Old 09-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Anyone? I looked in Ram's original thread but the pics are gone. Anybody care to give me a hand?

Thanks,

Luis S

Old 09-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Tell me about it. I just gave it another go and nothing! theres got to be an easy way to do it. Any ideas? I would just rip the damn things off but Im not sure if you can get those parts by themselves. My girly fingers just dont have enough strength I guess. :o

Later,

Luis S

P.s. Sweet rims BTW...
Thx. I saw apost or how to somewhere, ut I don't recall the thread. Why not search handles, buckets, dorr in teh advanced search for titles only?

Old 09-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Your probably thinking of Ram's thread. Very detailed and with pics. Unfortunately the pics arent there anymore and the part that is giving me trouble is barely explained. All the other posts I found dont go into much detail either. Unless perhaps I missed a few? Any of you guys who installed the handles care to give me an idea of how to take those butttons off without ruining them?

Thanks,

Luis S

Old 10-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Your probably thinking of Ram's thread. Very detailed and with pics. Unfortunately the pics arent there anymore and the part that is giving me trouble is barely explained. All the other posts I found dont go into much detail either. Unless perhaps I missed a few? Any of you guys who installed the handles care to give me an idea of how to take those butttons off without ruining them?

Thanks,

Luis S
are you talking about the rubber plugs? if so, just push one side (corner) of it in and the other side will pop out, then you can pull the whole thing out...

Old 10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Yup, the 2 rubber plugs on the side of the door. When I pulled on it, It wouldnt give. Your saying push in on one side to kinda flip it out? Should I use a screwdriver or something? Thanks for the info.

Later,

Luis S

Old 10-03-2005, 04:35 PM
According to UPS mine went on the truck for delivery today, now where the heck are they its 3:35, this is a small town.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Yup, the 2 rubber plugs on the side of the door. When I pulled on it, It wouldnt give. Your saying push in on one side to kinda flip it out? Should I use a screwdriver or something? Thanks for the info.

Later,

Luis S
I just used my fingers and gave it a little force. oh..but not too much... you dont want to push the whole thing in. i'm sure you can get it out if you do but you would then probably need a pair of tweezers or something

Old 10-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Yipee, 8:20pm delivered. Funny, the UPS place is about 3 miles from my house, according to the tracking guide they were loaded on the truck at 5:10am this morning. Thats 15 hours and 10 min to make a 3 mile trip!

They are black, my truck is Bright Red, so tomorrow I disassemble and get them ready for paint.

Also funny that the driver door has the keyless entry pad and the passenger door doesnt, yet they both sell for the same price.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:03 AM
Please post pics. when you get them on. I want to see them on your bright red.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Is there anywhere I can order these online or can you get them through the dealership only.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Complete Mark LT Handle Order Guide