2004 - 2008 F-150

04-06 Center Console CB Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04-06 Center Console CB Install

Those of you with the center console, where did you mount your CB? I saw one post about this but I was hoping to get more information. Pics would be great. Also where did you mount your antenna, how did you run your coax? There sure doesn’t seem like many places to mount inside this cab.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM
I am very interested in this as well...

Old 10-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I recently had my CB installed. I have a Cobra 25 and I had it placed on the top of the dashboard. The module around the stereo and climate control buttons will come right off which will allow u to run the wires straight through the dashboard. The only catch is that you have to drill a hole in the top of the dash to run your wires. There should be a liner that sits in the bottom of this space on top of the dash. Just remove the liner and hang on to it so if you ever do get rid of the truck you can put the liner back in, which will cover the hole and no one will know its there. There is a hole in the floor board to run extra wires from. Basically removing the door molding at the floor board, pull the carpet back just about 2-3 inches and you will see the hole. You might have to cut a small piece of material out of the hole, but that will be all. There will be no damage or cuts to the actual carpet.

Last edited by jdgore2; 10-06-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:46 PM
What type of whip are you running, and where is it installed?

Old 10-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glass mount antenna.

No wires or coax exposed. Run everything under door trim and seals then under carpet.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:10 PM
I have a 8.5 ft whip attached to my tool box on the drivers side. Im not sure how the interior of your truck is, but mine doesn't have the center console like the one pictured. I was talking about mounting it to the top of the dash. My dashboard has a small tray on it, kinda like a place to put spare change or extra keys or something flat. And the way mine was done, no one will ever see the hole for the wires or the (2) holes for the mounting bracket because the tray has a liner which I removed and can put back in place whenever I take the CB out. But if you want to put it on the center console it looks like the previous guy did it perfect.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by jdgore2
I have a 8.5 ft whip attached to my tool box on the drivers side. Im not sure how the interior of your truck is, but mine doesn't have the center console like the one pictured. I was talking about mounting it to the top of the dash. My dashboard has a small tray on it, kinda like a place to put spare change or extra keys or something flat. And the way mine was done, no one will ever see the hole for the wires or the (2) holes for the mounting bracket because the tray has a liner which I removed and can put back in place whenever I take the CB out. But if you want to put it on the center console it looks like the previous guy did it perfect.
I do not have the center console either. Not sure I would like it on the dash though either...

Shoot me a link to your gallery, if there are pics of your CB install there.

Thanks.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:43 PM
I apologize but I don't have any pictures yet. I can probably have them for you by Monday though. By the way, I had it done yesterday during lunch

Old 10-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Pics of your 25 mounted would be great. That is the same radio I have. I'm not so sure about having the radio sit on top of the dash though. Has anybody thought of removing the ash tray to mount? Well it looks like I will end up mounting to the side of the console as well. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Not a Center Consol install but an alternative.

2004 F-150 install

Old 10-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by resopkr

I would like that install a little better. However I am on the end of extremly screwed because I have the factory sunroof.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:48 PM
I should be able to get some pics on here tomorrow. I just joined the forum last week. And just to let you know, I mounted my antennae onto my tool box. I noticed in your pic you don't have one so I don't really have any advice for u there.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
I took off with jdgore2's idea this afternoon, and installed my Cobra 28 on top of the dash. A couple holes through the tray under the radio to run the antenna and power wires, and a small spacer under the radio's mounting bracket to lift it enough to be able to hear the bottom mount speaker, and it's pretty easy to reach and hear...

for an antenna, I have a fender mount with a 3 ft. Wilson Firestik on the driver's side, directly across from the factory radio antenna.

Straight from the factory cb with no modifications, receives from about 7-8 miles out all day long on the interstate.

Last edited by OnBelay; 10-09-2005 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:27 AM
thats identical to what i did. and like i said before, if you ever do decide to trade in or to take the CB out, you can always put that small liner back in that tray area and no one will ever see the wire hole, or the (2) holes for the bracket screws. I would have posted a pic, but I don't have a digital camera. I was gonna borrow one from work just for a few mins but it seems like I won't have to now. by the way, OnBelay do you have any advice on putting bigger tires on the truck? I don't have the leveling kit on mine. I was wondering if 305/70/17 would scrub without the leveling kit.

Last edited by jdgore2; 10-10-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:21 PM
I just installed this.

Cobra 75 WX ST

It all goes under the dash except for the mic. It looks pretty clean and doesnt get in the way.

I had a professional shop install it, and I got them to use some kind of FM Converter so it uses my factory stereo antenna for the CB. It sound really good too. I can easily get out 3-4 miles.

Quick Reply: 04-06 Center Console CB Install