2004 - 2008 F-150

dealer just called about my problems.. need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I've been to 2 different dealers a total of 4 times complaining about my hood shaking. I took it to the dealer which is closest to my house, gave them the TSB# and it was fixed.
So I guess it just depends on the dealer. Some don't mind you sort of telling them what to do, others might take offense. But I will definitely be returning to this dealer because they seem to have fixed a whole laundry list of problems that the other 2 dealers I have been to could not. They did it quickly and actually called me! And their oil changes are almost cheaper than if I were to do it myself.

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
Ain't so much that. Another site I post on, Flatratetech.com, received notice of possible legal action for posting copyrighted stuff from Ford's dealer site. I've gotten cease and desist notices and lecturing at work about posting the same. I ain't saying that they will, but there's no real need to give Ford any reason to come after F150online.com or it's staff for posting copyrighted material without Ford's permission.
Oh ok I see your point. Did nt think about the legalities affecting the site. In that case it should of just been emailed to him.

Old 02-18-2006 | 07:54 AM
Sorry for the long post but I am bent at this point and maybe you guys can help. I have a hesitation problem that this TSB is supposed to fix. I have to agree with the others if I let the dealer do his job I would have nothing done. They have already been paid for the PCM repair so they are uninterested in trying to fix my real problem. I have a hesitation when I am at 40 and 30 mph when I put a little gas on it hesitates like you shifted to early. The flash was supposed to fix it. I had them do it the first time and what do you know no fix, then I read on this site that there should be a sticker under the hood saying they did it...no such sticker. So they did it again, same problem. I am going on the fourth time. I found a friend who knew a tech at a reputable dealership and he asked "did they offer you a flight recorder to log your issue and motor activity" I said never, then when I called the dealer back he says they only have two I asked "why did you not tell me this before? why do I have to find out on my own???" and this is after they said they could not replicate the problem when I had their tech in my truck and replicated it 31 times in 15 minutes and he admitted he felt it....so all in all they have no interest in fixing my truck, I am going today and if they don't have answers it is off to get the Ford engineer here to review, then it is lemon law time....no need to drive a $40K truck that hesitates...I can buy a dodge for that.

Quick Reply: dealer just called about my problems.. need help