2004 - 2008 F-150

In Serious Need of some Lift-Kit Help/Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy In Serious Need of some Lift-Kit Help/Advice...

Well I picked up my new 05 XLT Extended Cab Long Bed about a month ago. I'm just loving it...but I've run into a major problem...

I got the heavy duty payload/towing packages thus the truck setup is that of an F250, namely it has the 7-lug heavy-duty axels.

This has been pure hell in trying to find custom wheels and a lift-kit. I finally found a wheel manufacturer that will custom drill to my 7-lug specs, but there is currently no lift-kit manufacturer/custom truck shop that I can find that knows how to get my truck 6" higher.

Can anyone offer some help and/or advice on what I can do to get a 6" lift on my truck? I would greatly appreciate anything.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try contacting the suspension companies directly and ask if their F-150 kits will work with your truck.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
Try contacting the suspension companies directly and ask if their F-150 kits will work with your truck.
I've tried calling FabTech and Rancho...

Rancho flat said no, FabTech said "Never tried it, don't think it will work, but ain't positive."

So I'm kind of stuck...don't want to order a kit just to find it in fact won't work. What a dilema.

Thanks though!

Old 10-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Well...no longer than an hour after I posted I got on the horn to one last shop way north of town. Guy calls me back a few minutes later saying the FabTech 6" will fit. Finally got a straight answer. So I'm !@#$ pumped!

Now just waiting on my custom 20" Alba Flex and 37" Open Country M/T's and I'm good to go. Pictures next week, thanks again!

Old 10-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet!

Quick Reply: In Serious Need of some Lift-Kit Help/Advice...