2004 - 2008 F-150

Another Butyl Pad Gone Bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005 | 05:24 PM
|
Truck Man

You got JOnesed by the dealer your truck is ruined and they wont do any thing about it until you threaten to use a lawer. My truck went in perfect and now it looks like it just rolled out of the Junk yard. GOOd LUCK youll need it.

Old 11-06-2005 | 05:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by tardman91
Where's the pictures?

And if you're not happy with the work then make them fix it. I just had the drivers side panel of my bed repainted because there was junk under the paint from the factory. First they just taped it off and painted the lower part and I could see a tape line. Then they repainted the whole side and there was dirt under my 4x4 sticker, a big drip by the bumper, paint all over my bed rail, and orange peel in the paint. Then they fixed it and there was overspray all over underneath. So they fixed it again. Now it's perfect. Can't even tell it was painted. It took a whole week but they made it right.
Your dealer should do the same.
Man, you guys have bad luck. Or maybe mine's good. I didn't even buy my truck at this dealership and I made them go back and fix it three times, all with a smile on their face (while probably cursing me under their breath). I was pretty pissed at first, but now I'm starting to think I may be lucky.

Old 11-06-2005 | 05:35 PM
|
Old 01-29-2006 | 03:30 PM
|
Thumbs up Resolved - Butyl Pad Gone Bad

Just wanted to update you on the status of my truck repair. The owner of the shop took the truck back in immediately and resolved all problems with the truck. The truck now looks brand new again. Very happy with the service I received from the shop (not the dealer).

Old 01-29-2006 | 04:25 PM
Glad you got it resolved. I took a look at your gallery and I have the exact same problem with my tailgate. I just use more force on the right side when closing it and it's fine. Just wondering if you found a better fix for it.

Old 01-29-2006 | 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by mmat03
Just wanted to update you on the status of my truck repair. The owner of the shop took the truck back in immediately and resolved all problems with the truck. The truck now looks brand new again. Very happy with the service I received from the shop (not the dealer).
Your truck was taken back in 'immediately' and fixed and you're just now, almost three months later, telling us about it.

Old 01-29-2006 | 10:59 PM
Wow, so that is how the crack in by bedliner got there. Oh well...

BTW, never noticed my bed shake until they removed the pad. I wonder if they are putting one the will not rust on the later models.

Quick Reply: Another Butyl Pad Gone Bad