2004 - 2008 F-150

Any info on 07 150?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005 | 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by extremeford4x4
Well said. I completly agree they need a new power train.
We just need an extra gear or two more in the Trans.

A 5 or 6 speed auto would do wonders for this truck.

Old 11-24-2005 | 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by thetruck
From what I hear, Cummins Diesel engines will be replacing the PowerStroke Diesel for the Fords soon.
Thats not going to happen. Thats been around as long as the rumor that Ford owns Cummins.

Old 11-25-2005 | 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Vegan_Hunter

Exactly!

Old 11-25-2005 | 12:58 AM
Suspended
extra gear and 40 more H/P six speed manual...

Old 11-25-2005 | 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by thetruck
From what I hear, Cummins Diesel engines will be replacing the PowerStroke Diesel for the Fords soon.
What good will that do, if they don't get the spark plug problem fixed....

Old 11-25-2005 | 01:00 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Vegan_Hunter

Last time I was in Winnipeg, I passed you near the down town bay, back in october....neat truck...screwy down town in Winnipeg..

Old 11-25-2005 | 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Last time I was in Winnipeg, I passed you near the down town bay, back in october....neat truck...screwy down town in Winnipeg..
Talk about a small world! And yes, downtown Winnipeg is a maze. Calgary is much easier.

Old 11-25-2005 | 09:24 AM
If you guys were in charge of powertrain development for Ford trucks, would you have your engineering staff focus on making a powertrain for 0-60 runs, quarter mile times, or would you have them focus on usable torque for pulling/hauling, etc?

Why do most people/companies buy trucks and what do they use them for?

The 5.4 acheives 85% of torque output at 1500 rpm's. Is that designed for racing, or for hauling, towing and working?

good questions to think about.

here are some snippets from ford.com:

People buy pickups to get things done. And most buy the F-150.
F-150 has the highest available payload capacity plus the most cargo box volume in its class. And when it comes to towing, no other light-duty pickup matches the F-150. Explore the F-150 Capability Demo now.
While the competition talks big about strength, F-150 puts its reputation where its features are, such as hydroformed front frame rails and the strongest frame in a light-duty pickup. Explore the F-150 Strength Demo now.

Last edited by KC8FLB; 11-25-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by KC8FLB
If you guys were in charge of powertrain development for Ford trucks, would you have your engineering staff focus on making a powertrain for 0-60 runs, quarter mile times, or would you have them focus on usable torque for pulling/hauling, etc?

The 5.4 acheives 85% of torque output at 1500 rpm's. Is that designed for racing, or for hauling, towing and working?

Abso-freaking-lutely correct.

I've driven my father's Titan (King Cab 4x2) and it is definitely quick. And it's towing capacity is close to that of the F-150. I recall from the Titan brochure that they state the "Big Tow" package has a gear ratio equivalent to 4.10. [Still not sure why they say equivalent]. But I'd wager that anyone with 4.10's on their F-150's would be just as fast as the Titan.

But the bottom line is exactly as what KCFLB said....these trucks are designed to cover a lot of bases when it comes to using a truck for its intended purpose.

Dave N.

Old 11-25-2005 | 10:43 AM

Well if you think about it, trucks that are much more suited for towing such as powerstroke diesels/cummins/duramax's/etc are pretty quick, in fact are much quicker than an F150, and dont blow smoke up my *** by saying the F150 is heavier than an F250/F350 or Ram 2500 or any other 3/4 ton pickup on the market. So then, to dismiss power issues as simply more suited for towing/working is invalid because 3/4 ton trucks on the market have already shown us that you can be suited for working and still have the power to move down the road at a decent pace. But nice try though.

Old 11-25-2005 | 11:08 AM
Silverbullet - Torque is why the 6.8L and 6.0L are faster than the F150 with the 5.4

Old 11-25-2005 | 01:40 PM
Well if you think about it, trucks that are much more suited for towing such as powerstroke diesels/cummins/duramax's/etc are pretty quick, in fact are much quicker than an F150,

Are they really quicker? Were talking stocks trucks now?
How much quicker?

I got a buddies with highly modified diesel motors, and I know how fast a fast diesel can be, but stock????

Can someone post 1/4 mile numbers from some of the big trucks? Stock, no chip 'n filter jobs.

Old 11-25-2005 | 02:04 PM
Are they really quicker? Were talking stocks trucks now?
How much quicker?

I got a buddies with highly modified diesel motors, and I know how fast a fast diesel can be, but stock????

Can someone post 1/4 mile numbers from some of the big trucks? Stock, no chip 'n filter jobs.
Sure, go head and post stock as well as filter/chipped guys on both sides and see which truck responds better.

Old 11-25-2005 | 03:14 PM
Light Duty Too

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
Well if you think about it, trucks that are much more suited for towing such as powerstroke diesels/cummins/duramax's/etc are pretty quick, in fact are much quicker than an F150, and dont blow smoke up my *** by saying the F150 is heavier than an F250/F350 or Ram 2500 or any other 3/4 ton pickup on the market. So then, to dismiss power issues as simply more suited for towing/working is invalid because 3/4 ton trucks on the market have already shown us that you can be suited for working and still have the power to move down the road at a decent pace. But nice try though.
Light duty trucks from Nissan and Dodge also prove truck owners can have their cake and eat it too. Don't doubt for a minute that the new GMC and Tundra will haul like trucks but out haul the F150 when it comes to speed.

Old 11-26-2005 | 01:02 PM
Sure, go head and post stock as well as filter/chipped guys on both sides and see which truck responds better.

I didnt mean to deteorate/hijack this thread, but I guess the whole point I was trying to make is that the vast majority of the target people that buy a f-150, dont really care that much about stoplight racing. They would probably be a bit more interested in durability/reliability, towing, hauling and the ability to get the job done.

Quick Reply: Any info on 07 150?