2004 - 2008 F-150

Cutting Spray In Bed Liner....

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005 | 04:09 PM
|
Cutting Spray In Bed Liner....

Now that I have the time and money I would like to install the LT buckets on my truck. The problem is that when I bought my truck the bed was sprayed as part of the deal. Of course they sprayed over everything bolts and all. I have a Scab so the two front doors would be no problem but having a black bucket on the rear would look like crap. So, is there any way to cut the bed liner around the bolts and the rear acces panel on the inside of the tailgate without destroying the tailgate and the bed liner itself? I would really like to put the LT handles on, but don't know if its even worth the trouble. The only other route I can think of is just spray painting the tail gate handle, but still not being able to remove it would pose a hard task. What do you guys think?

Old 11-22-2005 | 04:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I think it depends on the liner. Line-X looks like pretty hard stuff to cut. When I had my Permatech done, the installer told me it could be cut with a utility knife if I ever had any need to.

Old 11-22-2005 | 04:58 PM
I have seen them cut Line-X with a sharp utility knife. Just make sure you use a straight edge to it will look good.

Quick Reply: Cutting Spray In Bed Liner....