2004 - 2008 F-150

So Much for Having Anything Nice

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005 | 06:37 PM
Sorry too hear. So many scumbags so little time...

Old 11-27-2005 | 09:51 PM
Smile Just a Note!

Few years ago I was a victim of the same but they didnt take my factory unit. They took my shotgun instead. Never found it,but I had a CD case with 50 CD's in it and they cost $10-$12 a piece. Took care of my deductable and new shot gun. Every little helps. FYI

Old 11-27-2005 | 10:38 PM
|
Blocker Plates?

Originally Posted by asinatra
I know how easy these trucks are to break in, would anyone be interested in "blocker" plates as well as one for the hood ?
I'm interested. Are they plates that go in the door - block someone from popping the lock?

Where can I get some? Are they easy to install?

Is it possible that someone could get in with a key?

--

Old 11-27-2005 | 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wolford

Deductible is $500, worth about $540. Go figure.
--
Maybe I am missing something here. But are you actually going to file a claim and get the $40 dollar difference??? If so, it will be cheaper to not file the claim. Your insurance will either rise next year, or not go down, due to filing a claim. It may not be worth the $40. That is, if I am understanding you. My 2˘.

Old 11-28-2005 | 10:38 AM
that sucks..

Old 11-28-2005 | 11:43 AM
That sucks, I believe there is a special place in hell for people like that. There time will come, unfortunitly you will probably not be there to witness it.

Old 11-28-2005 | 11:04 PM
Curious...

Is anyone concerned that the kind of people that stole Wolford's stuff is on this board checking out galleries of people's stuff plotting their "hit". I've thought about that before, of course it didn't keep me from sharing with the community.

Wolf,
Bad go bro. I had it happen to me in my Tahoe and it's a horrible feeling. Be sure they didn't take anything else before you call insurance.

Good Luck.
Dave

Old 11-28-2005 | 11:26 PM
OMFG,

Of all the bad people in the world that I hate, thieves are the number 1. A close second to vandals who for no reason shoot out vehicle windows with a pellet gun! Where I live, vandals caused over $90,000 dollars to vehilcles AND houses. They shot out my dad's drivers side window on his Taurus. ($90)

Thank God they caught 'em, with STOLEN pellet guns and thank GOD that all 3 of 'em were at least 18 y.o.

They are currently being charged with criminal mischief (a felony) amongst other various crimes. Probably won't see a dime of compensation but the fact that they (hopefully) cannot vote, gain good employment, etc., is enough to put a smile back on my face. F-it, I give 'em the horns

Hopefully they catch the same bastards that ganked you of your hard earned accessories and something similar will happen to them.

Until then,

Old 11-29-2005 | 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Wolford
I'm interested. Are they plates that go in the door - block someone from popping the lock?

Where can I get some? Are they easy to install?

Is it possible that someone could get in with a key?

--
Get LT handles and run no keyholes like me, have blocker plates and a jump source that can be accessed with the hood closed from a plastic box or something. And for reference our side windows are just as strong has our front windshield

You seem legit, asinatra@gmail.com i can get you in your truck if your battery dies without key holes + blocker plates.

Old 11-29-2005 | 12:54 AM
Tell me about the justice system. I got hit by a guy with insurance. HIS DADs insurance that is. as it turns out he wasn't even suppose to drive the car and his insurance company did not cover. after 1 week of not hearing from them. I called and threatened to sue him unless he paid. Granted it was only 700 dollars which was minor damage in most cases, but it was money that I should not have to come up with at all. Luckily he paid. I got side swiped by a speeding driver in a construction zone and she's suing me for negligence because i turned at a detour as posted, I told the cops she was speeding in a construction zone and they said" it doesn't matter how fast she was going" WHAT THE F. What do you mean it doesn't matter? In washington state, My new car was keyed on both sides and the emblems were pryed off. What did the police do? nothing...... I read an article that a burglar was in a home stealing. the owner of the home came down to see what was happening and shot the burglar in the thigh. He fled and sued the home owner 2weeks later for attempted murder, and get this....HE WON. Is that bull or what. Seems like if you don't want a job and make no money, all your'e mistakes are forgiven and you get a free ride. No income?, no taxes and you get food stamps, no job? no taxes and you get unemployment, no health care, you get free medical care for you, your wife and the 7 kids you can't afford to support. Don't speak english, we'll find an interpreter to understand what you are saying and set you up in government housing for pennies on the dollar. If you make over 12000 dollars a year you don't qualify for the millions of dollars of tuition assistance. Society wants to keep people stupid as an excuse to tax. BUT if you work your *** off, go out on a limb to purchase and enjoy the fruits of your labor and want to keep your family safe and live in a JUSTICE system. YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY by 12 peers and a paid off lawyer and judge. It seems that way. Thanks for letting me vent

Old 11-29-2005 | 12:55 AM
and sorry to hear about your loss WOLFORD. Hope you can overcome the BS.

Old 11-29-2005 | 05:00 AM
OK, maybe mine is a special case, but I hope it heartens you to know that the chick who did over $17,000 worth of damage to my 6 day old truck is sitting behind bars. With this and all the other charges, (this is the least of it) I hope to see her there for the next 15 years or so.

Old 11-29-2005 | 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Steamin
OK, maybe mine is a special case, but I hope it heartens you to know that the chick who did over $17,000 worth of damage to my 6 day old truck is sitting behind bars. With this and all the other charges, (this is the least of it) I hope to see her there for the next 15 years or so.
Steamin

Is their a post somewhere else on what happened???
I take it she was driving drunk?

Wolford

Sorry to hear about your stereo stuff getting stolen. Ever since I got my Kenwood stuff. Its always in the back of my mind, everytime I park it somewhere.

Old 11-30-2005 | 12:20 AM
|
Originally Posted by Peladu
Maybe I am missing something here. But are you actually going to file a claim and get the $40 dollar difference??? If so, it will be cheaper to not file the claim. Your insurance will either rise next year, or not go down, due to filing a claim. It may not be worth the $40. That is, if I am understanding you. My 2˘.
I will not file a claim with GEICO. They said that my rates won't go up, but it's really not worth the hassle for the little that I would get. I have filed a report with them. I made the mistake of calling to ask and they said that I was required to file a report. I guess that's so they can gather their data and raise my rates anyway. And, I'm thinking of switching insurance companies anyway. I always thought my deductible was $100 for theft. Little did I know.

The center dash piece is $56 at the dealer. More than I should have to pay, but a lot less than I thought.

Checked on an alarm today. Fairly good system I guess for around $530 at Magnolia High-Fi installed. Would try it myself but I'm out of energy and don't feel much like spending all day in the cold trying to figure it all out. I haven't shopped around so I'm sure I can get it for less.

Anyone have ideas?

On a good note. Last night my wife saw 3 teenagers on bikes at my neighbors house shinning flash lights in his car (snooping). I think one saw here when she looked out, cause they split. The neighbor called the police and apparently they caught one of them, according to the neighbor. If there's a court date for the little bastard I'm going.
--

Quick Reply: So Much for Having Anything Nice