2004 - 2008 F-150

Stock tires suck in snow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continentals are on the bimmer and my friends amg

Old 12-01-2005, 02:47 PM
What stock tires are getting this extended warranty? I've got the Hankooks, and 16,8xx on the odo with no letter to me yet. If my brand's not covered, then so be it.

-Travis

Old 12-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asinatra
Continentals are on the bimmer and my friends amg

Your point is?? I dont care for BMW or Mercedes, if you ever rebuilt or worked on a Barbarian Motor Works engine or Mercedes engine you would run and hide from them both. Simply because these car companies use Continental tires on their passenger cars does not convince me that Continental makes a quality TRUCK tire. But it seems the trend now is to install passenger car tires on trucks.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Seriously, all you people complaining about how the BFG's handle in the snow are either way to picky, or dont know how to handle your vehicule in the snow. Now im not saying they are the best tires for snow, or that they are great snow tires...obviously there are better tires if you wana pay for em, im just saying the BFG's are far from horrible snow tires.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I have the Good Years on my 05...These tires are crap! We are getting our first rains here in Northern California, and I am loosing traction away from every light or stop sign.

Had the same tires on my 02...they only lasted 35,000 miles. I replaced them with BFG all terrain K/o's. Loved them!

Regards!

Old 12-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Serge
Seriously, all you people complaining about how the BFG's handle in the snow are either way to picky, or dont know how to handle your vehicule in the snow. Now im not saying they are the best tires for snow, or that they are great snow tires...obviously there are better tires if you wana pay for em, im just saying the BFG's are far from horrible snow tires.
serge i am born and raised in alberta been driving on snow and ice all my life and these bfg rugged terrian have to be with out a dout the worst tires ever. like kcward says you get into the throttle on just damp pavment and your tires are spining. i can't wait for my ko's

Old 12-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Mac-Ford Tech
serge i am born and raised in alberta been driving on snow and ice all my life and these bfg rugged terrian have to be with out a dout the worst tires ever. like kcward says you get into the throttle on just damp pavment and your tires are spining. i can't wait for my ko's

MY BFG LT 10 ply RT T/A are awsome..on ice and snow, orginal tires on my truck were a 2 ply hancook passenger car tire, Replacement T/A are speed rated to a 118 MPH, each tire can hold 65 PSI and offer a smooth ride and excellant traction, the best tire in the world can fail in ice and snow if you excead common sense, verry seldom do I need 4wd in the winter with the BFG..

Old 12-02-2005, 11:56 AM
I guess I better chime in as well, being an Albertan. I have the stock Goodyear tires and they are decent in the snow and ice. Not great, but decent. Like the above comments, it has a lot to do with the driver as well.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I lost mine too...let me know what you find out. I still have my stock tires in the garage, and they were wearing a little unevenly when I took them off.
if you or minus_13 are still following this thread, or if anyone is interested, I was able to get some new FREE tires today from my dealer! I didn't have the letter but my dealer was familiar with the extended tire warranty. My tires weren't completely worn down, but were close with 3/32" tread left for two of them, and 4/32" for the other two. I asked if I could try the Goodyears instead, but they had to replace them with the same tire, the 18" BFG's. My rims are still salty/dirty, but it appears that they didn't scratch them.

so now I'm selling some extra brand new 18" FX4 rims/tires that I was going to use once mine wore out, but now I don't need. I have them listed for sale in the classifieds if local Pittsbugh people are interested. Scorpio333?

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 12-14-2005 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Stock tires suck in snow!