2004 - 2008 F-150

Plastic Bed Cover Rails Warping

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005 | 08:39 AM
They are not that expensive from ford parts. I get a 15% discount on parts from local dealer and I replaced the black side rail and tail gate caps on my screw with the Arz beige colored king ranch ones. Looks good on a white and arz beige lariat. Looking for receipt but I recall being surprised they were well under $100.00 for the two side rails and tail gate cap. Old ones popped off real easy and new ones installed in minutes.

Old 12-07-2005 | 08:53 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by mobandit
On my '02 Ranger I had Line-X sprayed on the bed rails. ... after reading this I may go back to the Line-X shop...
Not sure about the new bodystyle but, on the shortbed I counted 78 holes under the railcaps (including tailgate) of varying sizes, some bigger than a quarter.

Old 12-07-2005 | 12:47 PM
"They are not that expensive from ford parts. I get a 15% discount on parts from local dealer and I replaced the black side rail and tail gate caps on my screw with the Arz beige colored king ranch ones. Looks good on a white and arz beige lariat. Looking for receipt but I recall being surprised they were well under $100.00 for the two side rails and tail gate cap. Old ones popped off real easy and new ones installed in minutes."
:santa:
Do you have some part #'s for the Arz. beige bed caps??

Old 12-07-2005 | 01:00 PM
I like the idea of having plastic caps instead of anything solid (metal). I put the Linex on the caps of my old truck, but that did not stop the dents that numerously showed up over time. The plastic does get scuffed and mangled, but it does not allow the metal of the bed rails to become dented up. The aluminum caps are nice with the needed resistance to denting. Just my .02.

Old 12-07-2005 | 03:23 PM
I saw a truck that had oak threshold (the stuff that goes under an exterior door @ your house) on the bed rails. It was stained and varnished and looked quite good. Tapered on both sides.

Quick Reply: Plastic Bed Cover Rails Warping