2004 - 2008 F-150

Here's what I don't like, do you agree?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's what I don't like, do you agree?

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, the coolest vehicle I have ever owned.

The truck is almost too big and too nice.

One is afraid to take it anywhere. Parking is horrible. if you can find a space that is. I don't mind parking a mile away from the destination, but there are too many A-HOLES out there who have no respect for themselves, much less someone elses truck.

Went to the Raider game last weekend. There was simply no way this truck was going to the stadium. Took my old truck so if some A-HOLE popped it with a door it would be no big deal.

Seems like if you have something nice, some loser lowlife wants to ruin it for you.

There! I feel much better now.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:00 PM
When an old friend of mine would get a door ding, he would actually kick the side mirror off of the car next to him. Was with him once when he did it and he claims to have done it three times. I will not park next to a POS and I will not park near the same year F150 as mine that has missing parts 'cause I know one day they will use my parts to fill in for their missing.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the real world......... :santa:

Old 12-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by suprpntr

One is afraid to take it anywhere. Parking is horrible. if you can find a space that is. I don't mind parking a mile away from the destination, but there are too many A-HOLES out there who have no respect for themselves, much less someone elses truck.

Went to the Raider game last weekend. There was simply no way this truck was going to the stadium. Took my old truck so if some A-HOLE popped it with a door it would be no big deal.

Seems like if you have something nice, some loser lowlife wants to ruin it for you.

I agree not so much that people are a-holes but dumba$$es they get out of their 89 Celebrity that looks like it has been hailed on in every direction with cantelope sized hail flings the door open wham big dent in your side. With out even thinking twice. That is why I have decided to get R6 to drive around campus too many ditzy girls getting out of their bmws whacking my truck.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Try parking a F-350 crewcab dually.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Suspended
How long have you been driving your F-150?

I've only been driving mine for a year and I can squeeze it into any parking space. I was actually suprised how easy they are to park compared to my dad's 2002 F-250 SCREW SB.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:28 PM
My dad had an F350 Crew Cab Dually, Long Bed. That was going to be my next truck, but after driving it a little there was no way. Just way to big to get around. It took a football field to turn around in. We both traded in at the same time last year. He downsized to an SuperCab, and I upsized to a Supercab from a ranger.

jrbhc8

Old 12-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by suprpntr

you should have also felt much better when the bolts ran all over the raiders...much like how there gonna run up and down the dolphins this weekend
GO BOLTS !!!

Last edited by charlesA; 12-08-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree with you on the size of these trucks.

In some ways, I wish I would have been able to buy a year or two earlier than I did to get one of the old bodystyle F-150's. While I like the new bodystyle, the dimensions of the old truck were a little more practical for the kind use I get out of my truck, which is purely pleasure cruising.

I suspect that when I get my new Mustang in a couple of years, it will feel like hopping into a go cart compared to the F-150!

Old 12-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Suspended
Im a Dolphin fan but . . .

. . . come on man, do you seriously want to brag about beating the Dolphins? Its almost like bragging to all your friends about having sex with a beat-up crack *****.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
How long have you been driving your F-150?

I've only been driving mine for a year and I can squeeze it into any parking space. I was actually suprised how easy they are to park compared to my dad's 2002 F-250 SCREW SB.
I can park miny ANYWHERE to but chances are if I squeeze in between two POS some dumba$$ is gonna ding me. I love parking my girlfriend's miata. Not only does it fit anywhere but there is no need to worry about getting dinged. Not that she even cares though.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:13 PM
OK, I admit it, I've been an a$$ with my F-150. I always park in two spaces. Not a total a$$, as I always park in BFE, but I do it. Every time. Now mind you it is one of many vehicles I have, so it doesn't get used every day (far from it, I think today marks 13 days since the last drive.) I rather happily park my plastic car close in (in one space) as it can't dent, but the truck has NO rub guard so it is a sitting duck for any door clown with a beater.

The first time I parked it at work (in BFE, of course) I stuck it in one space. When I came out there was some jap-o-junker parked in the very next spot with literally hundreds of other spaces around to choose from. Never again. Two spaces is the rule, and the rule must be obeyed.

Fifteen months: zero dings.

I am a (part time) jerk, but I don't care. "They" should stripe larger spaces in the outer perimeter of parking lots for fanatics like me.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by myst
OK, I admit it, I've been an a$$ with my F-150. I always park in two spaces. Not a total a$$, as I always park in BFE, but I do it. Every time. Now mind you it is one of many vehicles I have, so it doesn't get used every day (far from it, I think today marks 13 days since the last drive.) I rather happily park my plastic car close in (in one space) as it can't dent, but the truck has NO rub guard so it is a sitting duck for any door clown with a beater.

The first time I parked it at work (in BFE, of course) I stuck it in one space. When I came out there was some jap-o-junker parked in the very next spot with literally hundreds of other spaces around to choose from. Never again. Two spaces is the rule, and the rule must be obeyed.

Fifteen months: zero dings.

I am a (part time) jerk, but I don't care. "They" should stripe larger spaces in the outer perimeter of parking lots for fanatics like me.

Wow I would love to be able to take up to spaces but I am afraid a I would get towed or b some a$$ would mess with my truck for me being a parking jerk. I usually try to find spots in the corner and put my side tires up on the curb to give me those extra six or so inches.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm just as bad,when I park at work, I park at an angle and take three spots. At the store parking lots I actually take up 4 spots (2 side by side and the 2 in front of them)

Old 12-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
I'm just as bad,when I park at work, I park at an angle and take three spots. At the store parking lots I actually take up 4 spots (2 side by side and the 2 in front of them)
WHAT A JERK!

Quick Reply: Here's what I don't like, do you agree?