2004 - 2008 F-150

removing delership emblem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2001SUPERCREW
I would have to say the solution is to go back to the dealer a tell them to swap tailgates and locks. How dare they damage the truck with two holes
that will rust in no time. I put it in my PO no rear stickers or no deal. :santa:

Agreed. I'd be throwing a FIT. That's just screwed up (no pun intended.. doh)

Mine actually didn't have a sticker or emblem, just a plate, which I removed once I received the new plate.

My leer cover, however. is a different story. Came with a Leer emblem-type sticker, and the dealer had their own. I peeled off, then claybared the stickyness off and then used Meguirs spray detailer to polish (since I can't wax for a few more months )

Old 12-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Removing dealer labels

Thanks for the help. I will try the hair dryer. Thanks again.

Old 12-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I bought the KR I told the salesman that, "There better not be a dealership sticker on my truck, unless there is $500 in the console." It was pouring down rain when I took picked the truck up so I did not look. Next week, I took the truck in to get the detail that I was promised and the moron in the wash bay put one of those stupid stickers on my truck. I did not realize this until I had gotten home. The next afternoon I chewed out the manager who had handled the detail. After they removed sticker, I inspected the tailgate, threw another fit because of the stickey residue that was left behind and insisted that the spot be fixed. After that episiode I have had no more sticker issues.

Joe

Old 12-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Based on the stories in this thread, I was lucky. The small tasteful plastic dealer badge fell off of its own accord about a month after I got the truck. It wasn't much larger than two quarters side by side but I had intended to remove it w/a blow dryer but never got around to it. Didn't even notice it till I spied the badge laying in the driveway one morning.

Fordophile

Old 12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Fordophile
Based on the stories in this thread, I was lucky. The small tasteful plastic dealer badge fell off of its own accord about a month after I got the truck. It wasn't much larger than two quarters side by side but I had intended to remove it w/a blow dryer but never got around to it. Didn't even notice it till I spied the badge laying in the driveway one morning.

Fordophile
Your truck was so sick of the badge, and was tired of waiting for you, that it just took it off itself.

Quick Reply: removing delership emblem