2004 - 2008 F-150

Need Advice- Buying New '06 in 2 Days

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lease works the same as a purchase. You get the same discounts, etc. You only pay for the part of the truck you use, and since you wanna get a new one in a few years anyway, you can do so. If you have a 650+ credit score, tell them nothing down either. Putting money down on a lease when you have decent credit is dumb. They can put all the drive off's into the "Accessories" column of the Deal Recap Screen....good luck!

EDIT: They will report to your bureaus.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
hmmm- ok- now for my trade in. Let's say I have 5k negative equity. How is that handled? Also- on average- how much extra is it to buy extra miles? Say, 18k/yr?
Thanks!

Old 12-11-2005, 10:09 PM
In a situation with negative equity, you should probably put enough down to cover that. When I said put nothing down, I meant with no trade-in. Also, the mileage doesn't cost extra per se, the way it works is that the residual goes down either 1, 2, or 3 percentage points when you go over 15,000 miles. And it goes up 1, 2, or 3 percentage points when you go down in alotted miles, such as 10,500. If you do not put any money down, and you have $5k neg equity, you can count on your payment being about $100 or more a month that it would be with no trade-in. The beauty of a leas is that at the end, you have no neg equity. You just give the keys back, and walk away. The only downside is that you never really own anything, but you dont own a car when you buy it anyway (until you make the last payment). Let me know what you decide to do. Once I get to my desk in the morning I can work some numbers and get with you on them. Good luck...

Old 12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm on my 4th leased F150, and have never been charged for minor dings, etc. If your worried about getting raped for excess milage, just buy more up front. I bought 20,000/year so I don't have to sweat at the end of the lease.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I'm really thinking this is the way to go here. I'd love for you to work some #s with me, if you don't mind. Can you give me a shout and let me know? Im ready to make a move ASAP!
Thanks

Old 12-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Hey if the truck is a supercrew and you end up buying it, I'll buy the running boards off of you!

Old 12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
i just leased a new truck and they rolled my loss into it, you can roll 110% of the value of the truck my truck was stickered at 43000 so they rolled 4300 into my lease, when they offer you 5000 for your trade walk away, go to another dealership and get a f150 flyer and a buisness card staple the card to the flyer and leave it on your passenger seat, go back to the other dealership and tell them to take another look at your trade and tell them you want more money. When they seee the flyer and card from another dealership you will get want you want. I traded my sportrac in and they offered me 15000 i did the flyer gig and ended up with 19500 for trade.

GOOD LUCK HOLD OUT DONT BE TO EXCIDED
AND SAVE MONEY

Old 12-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by jdpharmd
As far as I know, the only people eligible for A or Z plan are relatives of the ford employee. I thought friends could only get X plan?? ?
A person who is eligible by Ford for the 'A Plan' MUST have their name on the title of the vehicle for a minimum of 6 months. So his ‘neighbor’ and him will be listed as owners of the vehicle until he is removed from the title after six months.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
I don't believe that to be true...

Old 12-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by AZ_Specter
I don't believe that to be true...
Well that's what I had to do, you may want to check into it. Ford controls that PIN number for the A Plan, otherwise Ford Employees would sell them (Pin numbers) all day long. So, yea, its true...

Old 12-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Extended warranty sucks, save that money (unlessyou plan on breakin your truck) & spend it on something useful
That's like saying that we don't need electricians in the world because nothing will EVER go wrong with ANYTHING. That is the best investment IMO if you can get it for a reasonable price...

(Sorry for detouring this thread...continue)

Old 12-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I'm really thinking this is the way to go here. I'd love for you to work some #s with me, if you don't mind. Can you give me a shout and let me know? Im ready to make a move ASAP!
Thanks
Shoot me an e-mail with your phone number...

I'll give you the fleet price breakdowns. Thanks man...

Old 12-13-2005, 02:35 AM
So how's that work exactly? They put his name on the title without his signature? They can't do that without him signing on it as well- makes no sense. How do you go about getting it off? AND- how does Ford know when/how to take it off? I get the concept of it, just not the specifics of actually doing it. I'm not sure if I want his name on title...

Old 12-13-2005, 09:06 AM
So how's that work exactly? They put his name on the title without his signature? They can't do that without him signing on it as well- makes no sense. How do you go about getting it off? AND- how does Ford know when/how to take it off? I get the concept of it, just not the specifics of actually doing it. I'm not sure if I want his name on title...
Your best bet would be to get on the horn and call a dealership and talk to the sales manager. They know what has to be done. Let them know that it’s your first time with the ‘A Plan’ and you wondering how it works exactly with the title. With me, both times, they wanted to put the person who gave me the PIN’s as a primary. Don’t let them do this, keep your name as primary, all mailings will come to you from Ford. Why the 6 months? I have no idea … I don’t even know if there’s a way for Ford to check it … but I never challenged it since I didn’t want to lose a good thing for the future. My suggestion is for you to call and ask the dealership on the process. PS, those PIN’s do expire in a matter of days once Ford gives them out.

Quick Reply: Need Advice- Buying New '06 in 2 Days