2004 - 2008 F-150

5 year/60K mile Warranty on New Trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quintin
A satisfied customer tells 4 of his/her friends. A dissatisfied customer tells ten of their friends.

One bad apple unfortunately ruins the bunch. I admittedly don't like seeing dealers in general getting smacked, being referred to as stupid or incompetent or what have you (even though they might be). Work at the dealership level is something customers just won't ever understand until they're the ones turning the wrenches or running the phones or handling the paperwork.
Most of my bad experiences were with the sales people at my local dealership. I had to go 80 miles away before I could find a salesman that realized that I didn't want a King Ranch. I would go in telling them exatally what I wanted and how much I wanted to spent, and they would take me to the most expensive truck on the lot. I would tell them that it was more than I wanted to spend and they would want to "talk to the manager" and after an hour or so they would get really mad when I told them I didn't have $40,000 plus to spend on a truck.
I also am not happy with the local Lincoln dealership after one of the service managers made my pregnant wife cry while he was blowing cigar smoke in her face.
I understand that these people all have stressful jobs...so do I. If I treated a patient like some of the dealerships around here treated me....there would be hell to pay.
On that note, I am VERY pleased with the dealership that I bought my truck from, it is just sad that I have to drive 80 miles to go there.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirborneRacer
Yeah I decided to go with the Total Care warranty from my dealer. 5yr/75K.
Sounds like the mileage can vary.

Me too. I paid $1450 for my warranty, and I get $1400 back if I havent had a claim after five years. At least that's what my paper work says, and what they told me...

Old 12-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tardman91
I don't know why dealerships are like this. Am I wrong, or are they all not reimbursed the same way when they do warranty work?
They are, and they aren't. Yes, the labor ops are the same across the board, but how certain dealers use these ops and how they get checked by Ford for using these ops can vary. A dealership that's high in warranty repairs in a certain area has less leeway with what they can run than a dealership that is lower in warranty repairs. Some of them are just flatout half asses.

Quick Reply: 5 year/60K mile Warranty on New Trucks?