2004 - 2008 F-150

Help a Dummie out, Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help a Dummie out, Please!!!

I cannot for the life of me find the fuse panel location on my 05 SuperCrew. Yes, I read the owners manual. It says located below and to the right of the instrament panel. Remove trim panel. Well, I removed the large trim panel under the steering wheel, notta.
So where in the devil is this thing located and how do I get to it?
Thanks
Jon

Old 12-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by jonrjen
I cannot for the life of me find the fuse panel location on my 05 SuperCrew. Yes, I read the owners manual. It says located below and to the right of the instrament panel. Remove trim panel. Well, I removed the large trim panel under the steering wheel, notta.
Thanks
Jon

passenger side front by where your right foot is. remove plastic panel and its under there.

good luck
rob

Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM
kick plate on passangers side...... right.. if you were sitting down, it would be at your right foot!..

chris

Old 12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Mine is located on the passinger side, next to the door by the floor board

Old 12-14-2005, 10:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Thanks
Jon
Glad to see I'm not the only one who couldn't find it. I gave up after a while. I too read the "under the instrument panel" part and was really confused. Stupid Ford.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Wink

Damn Ford, Ever thought of making use of the KISS Principal.......Keep It Simple Stupid.
The book should simply say fuse panel located behind the passenger side kick panel, period end description.
Many a thanks go out to all who assisted this old man in locating this.
Only problem was that after 35+ years of learning how to turn this old fat body down on the driver side of the floorboard and twisting to the left to work on the fuses. Now this old dog had to learn a new trick, lay on the passenger side floor on to my other shoulder and twist a whole new way.
And one other thing Ford, who in the hell thought of such a difficult location for the number 42 fuse, left turn and stop trailer light. You can't even see it behind the relay you hide it behind.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:29 AM
for some reason Ford technically calls the whole dash board the instrument panel - man i wish i still had those files!

Old 12-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks
Jon

Quick Reply: Help a Dummie out, Please!!!