2004 - 2008 F-150

Pricing, Deals, Warranties...Enough!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005 | 07:48 PM
|
Pricing, Deals, Warranties...Enough!

In the last few days, I have heard alot about getting great deals on these trucks. One thing that has irritated me a little is that it seems like some people want to "cheat" the "stealerships". Almost everyone on the site agrees that these trucks are the best on the road, but why are you trying to get everything for nothing? OK, I did buy during the employee pricing this past summer, but only because I needed a new truck. I believe that these trucks are worth every penny, so it does not bother me to pay a little more for the best. My dealership has been top-notch with service and quality. I hope that the threads featuring "angry with dealerships" are by far the minority. Lastly, remember; these "deals" are not going to last forever, so don't get angry when these trucks are up to $40,000 out-the-door in a few years. Mother-Ford needs to eat, too!

Old 12-14-2005 | 08:05 PM
Dealers are going to make money no matter what. By holding out for a better price, I'm not taking food off some saleman's kids plate any more than he's trying to get if off my kid's plate. The market dictates the amount of haggling a dealer is going to do and I am going to take advantage and get the best price I can.

Old 12-14-2005 | 08:09 PM
Dont blame us, put the blame on GM. When I orderd my truck in october, I signed the deal $600 over invoice. My truck came in last week and I was surprised that they gave me the simple plan which came to ~$100 over invoice. So I think they lost $500. I thought I would miss out on the rebate cause I signed a contract on a negotiated price, but I wasnt going to argue with them when they told my I had to take the simple plan price.

Old 12-14-2005 | 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Thayer
Dealers are going to make money no matter what. By holding out for a better price, I'm not taking food off some saleman's kids plate any more than he's trying to get if off my kid's plate. The market dictates the amount of haggling a dealer is going to do and I am going to take advantage and get the best price I can.
I Agree with that.

Last edited by RUSS04; 12-14-2005 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-14-2005 | 08:53 PM
Not dealer bashing, but dealers are going to try and get as many dead presidents off of you as possible. They have an army of people employed whose job is to sell you as much stuff as they can at the highest possible price. There is nothing wrong with a buyer trying to save as many dollars as possible.

Old 12-14-2005 | 09:06 PM
I work for a dealership and believe you me, we are getting our share of money. If you think for a moment Ford, GM, Chrysler,etc are going to loose their ****, you had better guess again.

One month it's "Employee Pricing". The next it's "Free maintenance for two years. The next it's this, that and the other. It's all about what will sound inviting to the public and how can we make them believe they are getting the "Deal of a Lifetime" for the first time in their life?

We will not be going down and we Are going to be in the black at the end of the year.

*this is my sole opinion and what I believe. I am not saying that others on this thread are wrong. It's all about perception when it comes to advertising incentives.

Old 12-14-2005 | 09:43 PM
I can't believe that someone is complaining about others who try and get the best possible deal on the purchase of their truck. The back and forth negociating process is well known buy both the dealers and auto buyers. I kind of get a kick out of the whole process. In the end we reach a compromise and the deal is done. I leave knowing that to me I got the best possible deal and they know that they made a sell. I have never bought and left a dealership complaining and I have never had a dealership complain about the final sell. The whole process has nothing to do with trying to "cheat" the dealers or the dealers trying to "cheat" the buyer. If your not happy with the final price, just don't sign on the dotted line.

If you want to pay more then someone else for your truck, hey the choice is yours. You worked for your money spend it the way you want. Be happy about your purchase. Just don't pick on the people who go the extra mile and try to sweeten (in their mind) the deal.

And buy the way, after negociating, agreeing then buying an auto I have always been treated with "top notch service and quality". That's what bring me back to the same dealership.

Old 12-14-2005 | 10:39 PM
|
HOLLY COW!
I think that you guys are totally misunderstanding me. I feel like I have just mistaken a hornet's nest for a punching bag. I regret the "Mother Ford" comment as well. I am always looking for a good deal on anything I buy. The only thing that still gets me is that some people are negociating over 100-200 dollars in the end. It was not too long ago that the prices were much higher, and these "deals" were unheard of. Now that we are getting the great deals, we should not complain about a 1-2% difference in what we pay. I am not sure that any of you guys will understand what I am trying to explain, so you can throw me into the fire if ya want.

Old 12-14-2005 | 11:10 PM
I guess what it all boils down to is if a person is satified with thier particular deal or buying price. If you don't want to haggle over a couple of hundred dollars then buy it or walk away. I do agree that with that little of a difference if its something that I am satified with and want I'll take it. I will tell you that I do shop around especially when dealing with trading in a vehicle. I have recieved about the same price on the selling price of the new car from different dealers, but have had differences of thousands of dollars from them on trade value. I have agreed on the price of a car or truck, but haggled for savings of a couple thousand dollars on my trade. With me its "anything helps".
I think I do understand what you are trying to say, but when it comes to buying cars there really is no set price. Not every deal is the same, and not every buyer is the same. If the person wants it, buy it for what you think it is worth. Then enjoy it..

"Your only here for a visit, the world should be your playground".

Old 12-14-2005 | 11:23 PM
ford profit last year 2.77 billon or $2770000000 thats more zeros then i am ever going to see so dont get mad at me when i try to save some money.

Old 12-14-2005 | 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by KSpencer
HOLLY COW!
I think that you guys are totally misunderstanding me. I feel like I have just mistaken a hornet's nest for a punching bag. I regret the "Mother Ford" comment as well. I am always looking for a good deal on anything I buy. The only thing that still gets me is that some people are negociating over 100-200 dollars in the end. It was not too long ago that the prices were much higher, and these "deals" were unheard of. Now that we are getting the great deals, we should not complain about a 1-2% difference in what we pay. I am not sure that any of you guys will understand what I am trying to explain, so you can throw me into the fire if ya want.
I must have misunderstood...I thought you were trying to say that we should all pay MSRP so the dealers could eek out a living.

Quick Reply: Pricing, Deals, Warranties...Enough!