2004 - 2008 F-150

Mysterious Breaking Windows Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006 | 08:11 PM
Comprehensive insurance should cover it. My comprehensive deductible is $0, so it would not bother me a bit.

Old 01-23-2006 | 10:06 PM
hello

I had a similar problem about 2 months ago, I went over a bump and and my front windshield crack. I talked to the service advisor he said that it could be a presure crack, after taking some pictures he was avail to get an aproval and it was replace.

This happen in Laredo Texas.

Angel

Old 01-23-2006 | 10:56 PM
mike that is absolute bull*****!. i would go back to candido's and tell them to shove it up their a$$e$. what do they mean nothing they can do? these sons of bitches need to fix that window. tell them you're gonna switch all your business to dearborn, that should get their attention. I can't believe it!! they'll take your money at the drop of a hat but when they have to hold up their end, there's nothing they can do. AAARRRGGGHHH

Old 01-24-2006 | 10:16 AM
|
This is now the third strike with them, I like the sales end of things there but the service lacks. If it does not show up as a problem in their computer system then they think its not a problem! 8 monthes left ( or possibly sooner ) with this lease and its bye bye. Simon, you are absolutely right time to make the trek across town!

Old 01-24-2006 | 11:02 PM
safelite glass lifetime warranty

Old 01-25-2006 | 02:00 PM
Same thing happend to me a few months ago. I was driving down the road and heard a loud crack. I looked down and my windshield was cracked all the way across. There were no other cars around to throw a rock up, so unless there was some sort of magical rock floating in the middle of the road, something else had to do it. Lucky for me, my insurance replaced it for free with no deductible, but I still can't explain what happened.

Old 04-08-2012 | 01:02 PM
auto windows breaking out from hindges

Backing out of my driveway one day my driver door made this loud popping noise. I thought someone shot my door. I stopped and my window started to drop into the door. I pushed the window button and the window didn't go up or down. Then the window started to slide down so I grabbed the window to keep it from going into the door and secured it from sliding down. It seemed really wierd and to make it worse one month later it hppened to the driver side door. Now i'm driven to find others who have had the same problem. Some have said it's because a shut my doors to hard...common it a truck, but ten again Ive already replaced an engine on the 2004 @ 186K. Can anyone help me out?

Old 04-08-2012 | 03:49 PM
Your window regulator went out. Common on these trucks. The Doorman brand has a better metal replacement.

Old 04-09-2012 | 02:50 AM
Shucks, I thought this was going to stay on topic...

I was sitting still at a Taco Bell drivethru when my windshield cracked. I now have a 3ft+ crack across the bottom of my windshield that still makes noise... Insurance will cover part of it, but I still need a couple days off to get it fixed.

Old 04-09-2012 | 03:32 AM
Was driving down the road this last weekend and the back window of my truck blows out. I know nothing hit it and I have a canopy on, this last summer the windshield also cracked while I was deiving down the highway. I think the cab in this truck has sone structural shifting going on.

I spent 30+ years in colision work and, though it has never happened to me, i have heard of a seen enough "spontaneous" glass brakage over the years to know that it does indeed happen. It has nothing to do with defective manufacturing nor likely anything to do with a defect in the cab. The windshield is "safety glass", 2 layers of glass with a membrane of flexible plastic in between. That is and has been law for auto manufacturers in the U.S. since the dark ages. Keeps the occupants IN the car in the case of an accident, where the chances of survival are greatly increased. Many other countries still don't use safety glass in the windshield. All the rest of the glass in the car (for at leqast 40+ years) is "tempered" glass. Tempered glass is an excellent product but CAN be fickle, breaking at ANY time and for ANY reason, when it feels like it. Probably about .000000001% of all the tempered glass installed "spontaneously breaks", but no one has any control over it, not even the glass manufacturers. It is manufactured with the "natural instinct" to break into the small pieces that it ALWAYS does, for safety reasons. Those tiny "break lines" are not visible with the naked eye, but are there from "birth". I'm sure they can be seen with the proper equipment, because I have seen pictures of them a number of times. It is part of the "tempering process" that makes it safety glass. On odds that equal you winning that $260 Mil. lottery, it can and will break, and that's what happened to you and others that have had it happen whenever it feels like it.
Windshiels are a different story because they are not "tempered glass". I have seen and even had it happen to me, a crack start from a rock chip so small you haven't even noticed it, especially if it is very close to the edge. Windshields can stress crack, (and do), MUCH,MUCH more frequently than tempered glass breaks spontaneously, but would rarely ever be because of defective manufacturing or installation. It can happen without any damage of ANY kind also. Stuff simply happens.

Old 04-09-2012 | 10:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Mmmm I love 6 yr old threads

Old 04-10-2012 | 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Good, this is your lucky day. Only thing is, it's not 6 years old any more.

Old 04-10-2012 | 12:14 PM
I love people who have nothing to contribute to the thread posting anyways...

Old 04-10-2012 | 04:39 PM
Man! I was all into it til you said that.

Quick Reply: Mysterious Breaking Windows Anyone?