2004 - 2008 F-150

How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006 | 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by AutoSpring
" Defective lift kit " - " ripped me off " - " homemade kit "

This is what I saw when I received your E-mail Freekyfx4. So I went freeky on you and for that I apologize. I let my emotions dictate my response and that was very un-professional. I,am not going to try and offer up any excuses for my actions other than the catch words in your e-mail tripped my trigger and my ego got bitch slapped. My ego needs to stay out of customer relations because the two don't work together well.

FreekyFX4 Please e-mail me back at your earliest convenience and I will work it out with you.

By the way, my fabricator/welder saw your e-mail about the "homemade" kits and he cussed you out way more than me. I think I will bitch slap him because he helped stir the emotion pot.

Kevin Yagues
Auto Spring Corp
Glad you came around Kevin. Your e-mail to freekyFX4 had me pretty fired up and I had a fairly dramatic post of my own composed. However, knowing how emotions go (including my own) I thought I'd sit on it for a bit and see how things played out. Glad I didn't have to post it.

-Frito (Re-satisfied Autospring Customer)

Old 01-28-2006 | 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by AutoSpring
" Defective lift kit " - " ripped me off " - " homemade kit "

This is what I saw when I received your E-mail Freekyfx4. So I went freeky on you and for that I apologize. I let my emotions dictate my response and that was very un-professional. I,am not going to try and offer up any excuses for my actions other than the catch words in your e-mail tripped my trigger and my ego got bitch slapped. My ego needs to stay out of customer relations because the two don't work together well.

FreekyFX4 Please e-mail me back at your earliest convenience and I will work it out with you.

By the way, my fabricator/welder saw your e-mail about the "homemade" kits and he cussed you out way more than me. I think I will bitch slap him because he helped stir the emotion pot.

Kevin Yagues
Auto Spring Corp

See, now that the man was man enough to apologize in public I guess we need to back off. Great Customer Relations Skills Kevin in trying to make it right for him. Better than your last email anyway..... Good luck.

Also, Freeky, maybe you shouldn't call someone else's products "homemade" or say "you ripped me off"again ..............

Old 01-28-2006 | 09:59 AM
Autospring has been on my truck for 25K miles . No problems and i would rather have a steel part then a plastic composit holding the weight of my truck.

Old 01-28-2006 | 10:59 AM
|
Well, I emailed Kevin and we'll see what happens. I will not post anything, positive or negative, about Autospring until this all pans out. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate to apology and hope that he was just having a bad day.

Old 01-28-2006 | 11:20 AM
Suspended
. . some people just need to stop being cheap and realize things like this happen when you mod vehicles, thats all.

Old 01-28-2006 | 11:25 AM
unfortunately, one response like that is too many, apology or not. No business from me.

Old 01-28-2006 | 11:36 AM
I've had my 2" Autospring for around 20K trouble free miles. I talked to Kevin about his product and he answered all of my questions to my satisfation and in a professional manner.

In my experience in dealing with people, in business or otherwise, it's mostly a matter of "reaping what you sow".

Just another data point...

Old 01-28-2006 | 11:39 AM
Nice of the dude to come on here an try to right the wrong, but the damage has been done. Check out the views on this thread.

I'm a small business owner, and one of the first things my employees learn is the cardinal rule of customer service.

A satisfied customer will tell 3 people about their experience with you.
A pissed off customer will tell 12 people about their experience with you.

Do the math, leave the ego at the door.

Old 01-28-2006 | 12:26 PM
|
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
Sky Jacker 3" coil overs up front, thats the way to do it!
Where did you buy those shocks and how much were they? I found the kit, Skyjacker F4301K SK, on http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/ for $579. Is there anyone selling it cheaper? I already have the Pro-Comp Add-A-Leaf on the rear, so I really don't need the Skyjacker add-a-leaf. Can the shocks be purchased separately?

Old 01-28-2006 | 02:37 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
Sky Jacker 3" coil overs up front, thats the way to do it!
Sure, if you love crazy axle angles.

Old 01-28-2006 | 05:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by TXScrewZHD
A satisfied customer will tell 3 people about their experience with you.
A pissed off customer will tell 12 people about their experience with you.

Do the math, leave the ego at the door.
...and a pissed off F150 online member will tell the whole internet.

Old 01-28-2006 | 06:06 PM
I have put 30,000 miles on my 04 SCrew since installing the Auto Springs 2.5 " leveling kit and have had absolutely "0" problems...And I drive the truck very hard....

Old 01-28-2006 | 06:27 PM
I've got the new design 2" AS on my truck, only 1000 miles so far but no issues. For anyone thinking about TopGun, I saw a similar complaint on antother message board a while back about TopGun and the customer service issue when the guy had a problem. TopGun, AS, EZ, on some trucks probably any of these will make the spring hit. At least AS redesigned theirs to correct it, I'm not sure if the others have, they don't mention it in their ads. IMHO all three of these are the most bang for your buck, anything else is either a lot more money and/or you need spring compressors to install. If I had the decision to make again today I'd still go AS to level my truck.

Old 01-28-2006 | 07:32 PM
I have the 2.5 on mine and love it, it did exactly what was advertised, leveled the truck and all this for 100 bucks shipping included. I have the new version and the welds and overall quality of the product is top notch. I called and ordered the kit and 3 days later the kit shows up at my door.. I would order again with ease..

Dale Balser

Old 01-28-2006 | 08:03 PM
|
I have spoken to Kevin - he actually seems like a pretty cool guy.

UPDATE - Saturday, 1/28/06 19:00 - I have spoken to Kevin and everything is cool. I haven't decided what I am going to do about my truck yet. He hasn't made any promises and I haven't made any requests. All in all, I think he's a decent guy. He's just been ripped off too many times by people and is probably a little gun-shy. Anyway, I am probably going to go with either the Rancho Triple-X 0-2.5" adjustable shocks or the Skyjacker 3" coilover lift. As I said before, this thread grew because of what Kevin said and not because of my little clunk. I feel that if he had not responded the way he did, there would have been more people bashing me for complaining about a couple of pieces of metal that cost $100. I have been extremely satisfied with the build quality of the Autospring, it's just the clunk that bothers me. Hopefully, I can get that taken care of soon. I just need to save about $600 for the alternative...to do the same thing that the $100 Autospring does.

Quick Reply: How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems?