2004 - 2008 F-150

How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006 | 08:27 PM
This problem is somewhat common eh?
I love how people are telling him it's normal
No kidding Josiah...lol. Unbelievable. I dont think Toreador understands what "angles" everyone is talking about. Basically he has the same "angle" issue as the people with the 3" Skyjacker. Also, basically the same angles with the 2.5" leveling kits.

I know i have an inch between my upper a-arm and the coil spring. I highly doubt that i will come close to hitting it. If my suspension is pushed upward, then i think i would have more clearance between the coil and a-arm. If my suspension is pushed downward, then i would come even closer to the spring.

Let's face it, most people use their trucks for street use only (even people with lifts). Maybe even mild off-roading once in a while. But i dont think I will tweek my suspension enough to make the a-arm hit the coil.

This is a crappy picture angle, but I have an inch all the way around

Last edited by CaseyKM28; 01-30-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2006 | 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah

PS. I think 300wby is Autospring
LOL...NOPE!

Old 01-30-2006 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Toreadox I really think you need to step off your high-horse.

First of all, I have a REAL lift so don't talk to me about how my mod is going to end up costlier than yours. If the Truxx kit is really 1/2" bigger than the 2-1/2" Autospring, your angles are WAY out of whack. Its just a spacer, your going to get crazy angles unless its a very small one. Theres no way around it other than getting a real lift. I'd say you got robbed, anyways see ya see ya!
LOL!!! I'm on the high horse??? You just finished telling about 1/4 the readers here their "lift" isn't real. I took a look at my truck today and geez maybe I'm imagining but it sure looks 3" higher than stock up front. It all depends what you choose to use your truck for. Mine is multi-purpose: 1. As my everyday ride (car) 2. To haul stuff (truck) 3. Long road trips (SUV). I was thinking of the Rancho suspension lift, but why? I have no desire to do any offroading or mudding whatsoever with this truck. Thus the Truxxx 3" lift is fine for my purposes with no "clunk" to worry about. It's a quality level kit period. BTW, your "best friend" Freeky also went the level kit route. Is his a "real" lift??? Now who is it on the "high horse"???

On a good note this is a good time to update my mods list something I haven’t done in awhile. I think I’ve got it all but may have forgot some things. Some mods I payed more for some less. I could have payed big bucks for an entire cold air intake system, headers, and entire exhaust system but the Airaid intake tube and Magnaflow muffler gave me great results:

2004 Oxford White Lariat Supercab, 4x2, 5.4L, Tan leather trim interior
Options:
Tow package, power rear sliding window, Audiophile, running boards, back up sensors

Airaid Intake tube $90
Wix Air Filter $14
Magnaflow muffler installed by AA Exhaust $160
Hypertech Power Programmer III $285
Window Tint installed by Dynamic Audio and Tint $125
Truxxx 3” level kit installed by B.A.P. $600
Line-X sprayed by Al’s Line-X $250
Penda Bed mat $60
Ziebart undercoat spray by Auto Appearance Experts $250
Dynamat soundproofing interior floor Free
Painted stock grill and front valance plastic parts
Putco Grille (bolt over) $350
Ford Decals $20
Painted tailgate and fender flares by ShowTime Creations $150
Bilstein Shocks front and rear $130
MBmotoring Razor 17” wheels with BFG Rugged Trail T/A 285/70/17 tires installed by Discount Tire Co. $1,500

4/11 rear gears (to be installed by Jim Click Ford tomorrow!!!)

Westin Bull Bar (black) (not yet installed) $220
Quiet Kote Sound proofing 10 gallons (not yet installed) $130
Lloyds Heavyweight 48oz Floor mats (not yet installed) $170
Depo Auto Lamps black headlights (not yet installed) $150
LMI Welding Seat Lift Kit $125 (not yet installed)

Future mods:
Dead pedal
Sway bar (Belltech)
Interior trim kit
Wheelskins Steering Wheel cover
K-cover tonneau
Exhaust tip (maybe)
Mud flaps (maybe)
Steering stabilizers???

Old 01-30-2006 | 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by CaseyKM28
Okay

I do agree that $600.00 is alot for a leveling kit, but it is his money not ours. Also back to the "crazy angles". Yes the leveling kits vs. the 3" skyjacker, all increase the angels of the front axle and Cv joint. It will cause some wear and tear over the long run. I have talked to mechanics and have shown them the new angles on the front end, their comment was "slightly more wear", depending on off-road use. But the guys running big tires with a normal lift, are going to have some problems down the road as well. First the additional weight of the wheel and tire will cause some problems on the front axle and cv joint as well. Also, people that have four to six inch lifts have "angle" problems as well. Im not necessarily talking about front axle angles either, im talking about front and rear driveshaft angles. You WILL have problems with your u-joints going out down the road. Yes i know the rear axle is "shimmed" but u-joint failure is inevitable. So to the few that talk sh#t about leveling kits and the 3" lift and the "angles" we have, the 4" to 6" lifts have their problems to.
Look I'm not even gonna pretend to have the expertise on trucks or mechanics most on here have. You sound like you know what you are talking about and I appreciate the reasoned responses. What you say here is true I'm not an offroader. I have done offroading years ago and simply said it's not for me. Crawling over rocks is boring to me. I play in basketball leagues and golf. I'm sure some will say those sports are boring to them. Fine. My truck will be on smooth road 99% of the time. My bet is long term I'll have very few problems with this kit based on one of (if not THE) top suspension shop in Tucson. They highly recommend this kit for 4x2 trucks. Take some time and read through this it's not a lot of reading:
http://www.truxxx.com/compare-lift-kits.htm
http://www.truxxx.com/
Bottom line is to each his own. My mods fit my needs Thumps fits what he likes to do. If he needs a specific lift to "feel" superior to others here then that's his problem. All I did was make true remarks about Freeky and Ken and then listed what I did to my truck. I stand by that.

Old 01-30-2006 | 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Toreadox
LOL!!! I'm on the high horse??? You just finished telling about 1/4 the readers here their "lift" isn't real. I took a look at my truck today and geez maybe I'm imagining but it sure looks 3" higher than stock up front. It all depends what you choose to use your truck for. Mine is multi-purpose: 1. As my everyday ride (car) 2. To haul stuff (truck) 3. Long road trips (SUV). I was thinking of the Rancho suspension lift, but why? I have no desire to do any offroading or mudding whatsoever with this truck. Thus the Truxxx 3" lift is fine for my purposes with no "clunk" to worry about. It's a quality level kit period. BTW, your "best friend" Freeky also went the level kit route. Is his a "real" lift??? Now who is it on the "high horse"???

On a good note this is a good time to update my mods list something I haven’t done in awhile. I think I’ve got it all but may have forgot some things. Some mods I payed more for some less. I could have payed big bucks for an entire cold air intake system, headers, and entire exhaust system but the Airaid intake tube and Magnaflow muffler gave me great results:

2004 Oxford White Lariat Supercab, 4x2, 5.4L, Tan leather trim interior
Options:
Tow package, power rear sliding window, Audiophile, running boards, back up sensors

Airaid Intake tube $90
Wix Air Filter $14
Magnaflow muffler installed by AA Exhaust $160
Hypertech Power Programmer III $285
Window Tint installed by Dynamic Audio and Tint $125
Truxxx 3” level kit installed by B.A.P. $600
Line-X sprayed by Al’s Line-X $250
Penda Bed mat $60
Ziebart undercoat spray by Auto Appearance Experts $250
Dynamat soundproofing interior floor Free
Painted stock grill and front valance plastic parts
Putco Grille (bolt over) $350
Ford Decals $20
Painted tailgate and fender flares by ShowTime Creations $150
Bilstein Shocks front and rear $130
MBmotoring Razor 17” wheels with BFG Rugged Trail T/A 285/70/17 tires installed by Discount Tire Co. $1,500

4/11 rear gears (to be installed by Jim Click Ford tomorrow!!!)

Westin Bull Bar (black) (not yet installed) $220
Quiet Kote Sound proofing 10 gallons (not yet installed) $130
Lloyds Heavyweight 48oz Floor mats (not yet installed) $170
Depo Auto Lamps black headlights (not yet installed) $150
LMI Welding Seat Lift Kit $125 (not yet installed)

Future mods:
Dead pedal
Sway bar (Belltech)
Interior trim kit
Wheelskins Steering Wheel cover
K-cover tonneau
Exhaust tip (maybe)
Mud flaps (maybe)
Steering stabilizers???
What you and alot of other members on this board have is called a "LEVELING KIT".

This is a real "SUSPENSION LIFT".

Last edited by -TXF150-; 01-30-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:55 PM
Here is the "AUTOSPRING LEVELING KIT". What alot of people think a lift is, but it really is not.

Here is "A REAL SUSPENSION LIFT".

There is a little diffenence between the two.

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by -TXF150-
Yeah, like the name that is clearly displayed on each product. (leveling kit/lift kit)

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:13 AM
Yep. I wanted my truck to look "level", so I bought a "leveling kit". LOL These things will make the front ends work a little harder, but that doesn't really bother me...apparently, since I installed it. I do think, however, that 4X4s may have more to worry about later with near maximum articulation on the CV joints. Anywho, anytime you mod, there is a chance for things to go a little MORE wrong than stock...but, stock is so boring. Also, if you don't do any extreme off-roading, then you should be fine.

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:28 AM
What you and alot of other members on this board have is called a "LEVELING KIT".

This is a real "SUSPENSION LIFT".

Maybe you didn't read what I said. I looked into the Rancho 4" suspension lift and for my needs it wasn't worth it. I was quoted $2,800 for install. I don't do any offroading nor intend to. I wanted better visibility and a better look for the truck. So I put in the 3" Truxx level kit and it LIFTED the front end of the truck 3". We seem to have a communication gap in these forums. Have fun with your suspension lift. It looks great and I'm sure it works great. As does mine.

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:35 AM
Here is the "AUTOSPRING LEVELING KIT". What alot of people think a lift is, but it really is not.

Here is "A REAL SUSPENSION LIFT".

OK, maybe I'm just not getting it. I'm well aware there is a difference between a level kit and a suspension lift. But I swear to you the front of my truck is UP by 3" after adding the Truxxx. I promise it is. Before the lift the nose was down, *** in the air. Now it is completely level. I have much better visibility front and back. Plus it smoothed out my ride a bit (an unexpected bonus). I don't offroad. I have a 4x2 that is city driving and hauling only. Some of us don't want to go the suspension lift route. I'm happy those that did are enjoying it. But trust me I absolutely love the level kit I installed. The front end seems to be up 3" and I measured pre and post to verify it. Maybe it's an illusion but really it looks level. Whew........

Old 01-31-2006 | 01:46 AM
I think this volly of opinions started because of control arm angles. Bottom line...if you don't have a drop bracket (like with a lift), then the angles will be more extreme whether you installed an AS, Truxx, Daystar, other...leveling kit. Just enjoy your mods!

Old 10-02-2006 | 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by trytokeepup
Nope, for one thing, there is no room for a salesman or the owner of a company to talk like that. Its called tact. If an owner isnt going to have tact, then he can kiss his customers good-bye. In the business world the customer is ALWAYS right.

The Meaning of Tact:

Tack is being able to tell someone to go to hell, so that they enjoy the trip!

Old 10-02-2006 | 03:07 AM
It is a lift. It's LIFTING the front end. If it is not a lift what is it??? If you are changing the ride height you are either LIFTING it or LOWERING it.

Old 10-02-2006 | 09:10 AM
they are leveling kits. thats what they are sold as i dont know why people keep saying hey look i got a lift kit for my truck. now i could care less what people use on their trucks but call it what it is. as far as that email from auto spring i sure as hell would never buy anything from them with that kind of customer service.

Old 10-02-2006 | 01:42 PM
_Q_
Waah, Waah,

I doubt you will get much support on that Forum since there are thousands of happy customers with our kits on. I can't wait to see other members rip in to you for being such a cry baby. Pull up your diaper and go home. I,ll be watching for your diatribe on the F-150online.com.

Sincerely,

Kevin
Auto Spring Corp
Just curious to know if you feel you've lost a lot of business because of this?

When you own a business and talk to your customers this way...you are risking a lot. I know you probably wish this thread had died back in January but I for one am glad it was brought back from the dead. I've made mistakes in my life and have paid the consequences. I know you apologized, but in this case that doesn't quite cut it. Pull up your diaper?

Quick Reply: How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems?