2004 - 2008 F-150

How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006 | 06:58 PM
|
How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems?

How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems? I am ready to remove mine because of the spindle hitting my coilspring whenever I go over a bump. Supposedly the newer offset style Autospring fixes this issue, but how many people have the older style and have this problem? I knew that I should beware when I bought the homemade Autospring kit. How many of you have removed the Autospring? Those who removed their Autospring, what did you install in it's place? I am thinking Daystar lift or Rancho adjustable shocks. I am just waiting until the truck needs another alignment to do it. I'll probably replace the springs that are trashed now too. I guess that's the problem with buying a homemade lift kit like the Autospring.

UPDATE - Saturday, 1/28/06 19:00 - I have spoken to Kevin and everything is cool. I haven't decided what I am going to do about my truck yet. He hasn't made any promises and I haven't made any requests. All in all, I think he's a decent guy. He's just been ripped off too many times by people and is probably a little gun-shy. Anyway, I am probably going to go with either the Rancho Triple-X 0-2.5" adjustable shocks or the Skyjacker 3" coilover lift. As I said before, this thread grew because of what Kevin said and not because of my little clunk. I feel that if he had not responded the way he did, there would have been more people bashing me for complaining about a couple of pieces of metal that cost $100. I have been extremely satisfied with the build quality of the Autospring, it's just the clunk that bothers me. Hopefully, I can get that taken care of soon. I just need to save about $600 for the alternative...to do the same thing that the $100 Autospring does.

Last edited by freekyFX4; 01-28-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-27-2006 | 07:20 PM
I know that one of the autospring guy are on this board. Maybe you can work some sort of deal out with them to trade out for the new redesigned version.

Good Luck,

jrbhc8

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:26 PM
|
I emailed him back in September. He replied and told me to put a piece of heater hose on the spring in the spot where the spindle hits it. I can't see putting a piece of hose on the spring of my $40,000 truck. I emailed him to let him know I put a complaint on this board, and here's the email I sent and the reply that I just got from him:

Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Due to the fact that you refuse to do anything about the defective lift kit that
you sold me back in September, I will make sure everyone knows that you ripped
me off. I will be removing my Autospring as soon as my truck needs an alignment
and will let everyone I know that buying a homemade kit like yours is not wise.

Originally Posted by Kevin, Autospring Owner
Waah, Waah,

I doubt you will get much support on that Forum since there are thousands of happy customers with our kits on. I can't wait to see other members rip in to you for being such a cry baby. Pull up your diaper and go home. I,ll be watching for your diatribe on the F-150online.com.

Sincerely,

Kevin
Auto Spring Corp

Last edited by freekyFX4; 01-27-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2006 | 07:30 PM
|
I don't know about you, but that is not the kind of business owner that I want to deal with. Hopefully you guys will see him for the jackass that he is. If you have a problem down the road, is he going to stand behind the product? Well, I am having a problem and he's not standing behind the product now. Why should he when you have a problem. Thanks Kevin for your help!

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:30 PM
OUCH! not good

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:33 PM
daystar for me

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:34 PM
|
I know that RedWingNut removed his for this problem...there has to be others out there!

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:35 PM
|
Originally Posted by thebigswede
daystar for me
Yeah...Daystar is a real company that will stand behind their product! Good choice. Too bad I chose the homemade Autospring kit!

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:40 PM
Not to take sides -- I don't know him nor do I use Autospring on my truck -- but what's the rest of the story? We got a condensed version of your problem, a condensed version of his reply, but a detailed reply to you being called a "cry baby." Why not post all emails so people can make an educated opinion for themselves. I know it's bad to assume, but since you have that reply from September I'm sure you have all emails on this subject.

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:42 PM
Suspended
freekyFX4,
I really hope that reply from the Autospring guy is not real, I know it is, but jeez...not cool...guess I'll explore other options when it comes to that modification..

R/
Craig

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by 26point2
freekyFX4,
I really hope that reply from the Autospring guy is not real, I know it is, but jeez...not cool...guess I'll explore other options when it comes to that modification..

R/
Craig
I will forward the complete email to anybody who thinks that he really didn't say it.

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:45 PM
I m Glad I read this thread! I was debating between the Autospring and a Top gun cutoms lift which in appearance are the same. After reading the reply you got from that guy I know I will not buy anything from AS. One thing I cant stand is a person in sales that dont know the first thing about customer service. I hope he see this and realizes that no matter what you cannot treat a customer like that no matter how they treat you in return.
THANKS Freaky! I would have been pissed if I would have seen this after buying an AutoSpring. I will be sure to post how great the Top gun is when its in next week.

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:46 PM
I have the 2" "original" kit installed for over a year now, and can honestly say it has NEVER hit, rubbed or scraped. "Homemade "or not, I have no problems with mine and would personally rather have steel than a POS plastic spacer on my truck. I find the AS very well made.
Sorry to hear that yours is giving you trouble.

Last edited by jimmy k; 01-27-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2006 | 07:47 PM
Suspended
I didn't mean that I thought you were posting something that wasn't true...just a shocking response...especially from someone that sells A LOT of product on this board..

Nice truck by the way...I have the same one on order, except in bright red..

R/
Craig

Old 01-27-2006 | 07:48 PM
|
Originally Posted by 26point2
freekyFX4,

R/
Craig
I do not have the email that I sent him back in September, but it was a very nice email describing the problem in detail. This was prior to the release of the new style offset Autospring. He wrote back and told me that I should hose-clamp a piece of rubber hose on the coilspring where the spindle hits it. That was the end of it until tonight. I saw that Kevin, the Autospring owner had posted on the board, so I started this thread and emailed him to let him know that I had. His reply was the email that posted in the third post in this thread.

Quick Reply: How many people have removed their Autospring because of problems?