2004 - 2008 F-150

Well add me to the list for reviews on tuners...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well add me to the list for reviews on tuners...

First off I want to thank other members who have taken their time and money to give some reviews on both the Edge and Troyer tunes. This made me want to add to your findings and help out other members with questions. I have been 110% blown away with my Troyer tuned XCal2, but I am keeping a complete open mind when reviewing the two. I think it says a lot for both tuners right off the bat for the quality and satisfied customers by being the two most talked about out there for our platforms.

I just broke down and ordered the Edge tuner from TRP to do some reviews and a little comparison to my TP XCal2... I currently have the XCal2 using the TP 93oct tune. I am just tired of seeing members bash the tuners out there that have no first hand experience with the opposite tuner. MY PERSONAL goal after all is tested, is to use my Edge unit for gauges with my XCal2 TP tune if the Edge unit allows me to. I was in the market for gauges anyways. I feel anything the Edge unit can do as far as tuning, Mike T. can meet or exceed that with proper datalogging, that is the beauty of expert custom tuning.

Right now after seeing reviews from others who have both the Troyer XCal2 and the Edge, I am going to have a hard time seeing the Edge out perform the Troyer tune, but I am also going to adjust my Edge to try and "tweak" it before starting my test and give the XCal2 a run for its money. I also want to get 3-4 weeks worth of daily driving with the Edge to have a good comparison since I have had my Troyer for almost two months now.

With all of this being said, any Edge owners that have input for tweaking the unit, email/pm me or post. I hope this review will help future buyers out when deciding on which tuner to use. Sorry for a long post. I figured posting this in the 04-up section would be more better then having it in the chip, etc section.

Last edited by MoJoe; 01-29-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Im ordering the Edge, do you have you Edge unit yet? If so how bout giving us your initial impretion of the unit on level 3. I know you said you wanted to tweak out the Edge but thats going to take a while. Just curious of your thoughts on the pre program 3 vs the Troyer custom tune. BTW I have Superchip's 1714 on high octane, im really hopeing the Edge is better than that.
Thanks

Last edited by Tuff4rd; 01-29-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tuff4rd
Im ordering the Edge, do you have you Edge unit yet? If so how bout giving us your initial impretion of the unit on level 3. I know you said you wanted to tweak out the Edge but thats going to take a while. Just curious of your thoughts on the pre program 3 vs the Troyer custom tune.
Thanks

Nope, just broke down an hour ago and bought it. I will try and start posting reviews from start to finish as soon as it gets here.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by MoJoe
Nope, just broke down an hour ago and bought it. I will try and start posting reviews from start to finish as soon as it gets here.
Cool, should be interesting

Old 01-29-2006, 02:21 PM
I am looking foward to this review. I just recently started looking at tunners so this should help me out a lot.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Edge VS Troyer.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tuff4rd
Edge VS Troyer.
LMAO I hope this is not what happens, I want to do a civil review and no bashing will ever come from me

Old 01-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by MoJoe
LMAO I hope this is not what happens, I want to do a civil review and no bashing will ever come from me
I hear ya..All these threads about whats better reminded me of the clip.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Yay for diablo!

Old 01-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Good luck. I tried to make an honest comparison of the 2 and the thread just got completely out of hand. Hopefully yours will go better.

Old 01-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by hwm3
Good luck. I tried to make an honest comparison of the 2 and the thread just got completely out of hand. Hopefully yours will go better.

This is a message board on the internet. To not expect bickering to happen would make you look a fool.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Any chance of actually running the two tuners on a dyno?

Personally, that is all I would be interested in.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Aaron_j
Any chance of actually running the two tuners on a dyno?

Personally, that is all I would be interested in.
Really....honest non-biased numbers. What a great idea!

Not to be an *** but from the comments of the OP I will bet money the TP Xcal2 will out perform the Edge unit....just as its "EXPECTED TO". Not a real non-biased comparison from the start if you ask me.

Old 01-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Really....honest non-biased numbers. What a great idea!

Not to be an *** but from the comments of the OP I will bet money the TP Xcal2 will out perform the Edge unit....just as its "EXPECTED TO". Not a real non-biased comparison from the start if you ask me.

Ok..OK..but which one looks cooler?

Old 01-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One wish for this thread -- KEEP IT CIVIL and INFORMATIVE. If the 'my daddy is better than your daddy' poop starts, it'll be useless to anyone that could harvest GOOD information out of such a thread.

Quick Reply: Well add me to the list for reviews on tuners...