2004 - 2008 F-150

Edge Thursday Nite Session

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006 | 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Thrill Racing
I am curious if they do this with the Diesel guys? -Will
He talked to a diesel guy about 8:30 CST.

Old 02-03-2006 | 01:11 PM
I would not hold your breath if you expect the update to fix the rev limiter problem. It didn't for me. I have the shift point at 5000 and the rev limiter at 5400 and still hit it on level 2 and 3. I have tried uping the rev limiter and the only thing it does is let the motor spin faster while not shifting. It did however fix some of the pinging I was getting.

Joe

Old 02-03-2006 | 02:46 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Wookie
I would not hold your breath if you expect the update to fix the rev limiter problem. It didn't for me. I have the shift point at 5000 and the rev limiter at 5400 and still hit it on level 2 and 3. I have tried uping the rev limiter and the only thing it does is let the motor spin faster while not shifting. It did however fix some of the pinging I was getting.

Joe
If you don't mind, would you e-mail me you HEX code from the [Diagnostics]->[Version] screen? I'd like to take a look at that problem.

Thanks.

Also, yes we will be more than happy to talk to those Oil Burners. After all, without them Edge wouldn't even exist.

We are looking at the possibility of doing some live shows on other nights as well. Maybe F150 night on Thursdays as well as 6.0 & 7.3 night, Duramax night, and Cummins night. Who knows. As it sits now, we have 1 show and will take all callers. Thursday nights.... 6:00pm!

Thanks again to all the people that called. It was really quite exciting to have such a tremendous turnout for our show and I really enjoyed talking to you guys. Oh... and sorry about the Neil Diamond. It was requested and I didn't catch it. And you're right, at least it wasn't Barely Manenough... I mean Barry Manilow.

I have to say that the truck community (both gas and diesel) are some of the coolest people I have ever dealt with. I have been in the automotive business for over 20 years now (hence the name ASEMechanic), with the last 9 years doing custom performance tuning. In fact, I knew Mike Troyer back when I was working at Brand 'S' (oh so many years ago), as well as Johnny Lightning, Jim D'Amore and a bunch of other guys. Of course, I was seduced by the Dark Side (Dark Cloud?) and spent several years doing strictly diesel tuning, but now I am back on gas and loving it. Anyway, it is always a thrill to see people get as excited as I do about high performance. I get no greater thrill than making things go fast... well except when I see the expressions on my boys' faces when we go to the race track. They love power and speed just about as much as I do.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for making last night a huge success. You guys are fantastic.

Keep the shiny side up.

Bill

Old 02-03-2006 | 02:57 PM
No, thank you.

Old 02-03-2006 | 06:58 PM
Thanks Bill for putting on the show, I'm sure i'll have more questions next week....

Tim

Old 02-03-2006 | 07:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Wookie

Joe
The update didn't fix my Rev limit problem either.

Old 02-03-2006 | 07:46 PM
where can I download the show to listen to it?

Old 02-03-2006 | 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by valenrandy
Bill said there would be a link on his website, but I recorded the calls anyways just in case because some people mentioned they wouldn't be able to listen.
I don't have a place to host them just yet though.

Old 02-04-2006 | 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by valenrandy
I have to trim out all the calls from the music but should have everything together by Monday and posted on the website. In the meantime, if anyone else has recordings, feel fre to pass it around.

Also, anyone with the Rev problem, please e-mail your PCM code so I can take a look at the programming. I'd like to see if there is a particular pattern to the problem.

Thanks.

Bill

Old 02-04-2006 | 12:35 AM
Bill,
I had the rev problem, since then I did the latest update but haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

I have the calls in mp3 if you want them, save you from doing all the editing. I currently have no place to host them so they're just sitting on my computer.

Old 02-04-2006 | 11:41 AM
Feel free to e-mail them to me. I'll get them posted this weekend.

Thanks.

Old 02-06-2006 | 10:25 AM
E-mail sent.

Joe

Quick Reply: Edge Thursday Nite Session