2004 - 2008 F-150

hey rockpick,TAILLIGHTS,might be what your lookin for

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006 | 03:46 PM
Moderator &
Originally Posted by Doo2theSea
Altezza = RICE

Thanks for your diamond-studded review there Doo...

If you'll look at the lights, I think the word 'Altezza' it tied in there more as a search term rather than a descriptive term. The lights, themselves, actually have red lenses and don't look like what a 'typical' altezza tail light looks like in the least...

I must say, I'm still VERY interested in these but refuse to pay over $250 as a guinea pig.

RP

Old 02-21-2006 | 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick

If you'll look at the lights, I think the word 'Altezza' it tied in there more as a search term rather than a descriptive term. The lights, themselves, actually have red lenses and don't look like what a 'typical' altezza tail light looks like in the least...

I must say, I'm still VERY interested in these but refuse to pay over $250 as a guinea pig.

RP
What a wimp! Will do the water softner, but won't take one for the team on the taillights! Just Kidding, I wouldn't spend $250 on them, even if they were proven to be awesome. Too steep a price for taillights. Hopefully HIDPlanet gets those other ones in soon or lets us know whats up with them.

Side Note: Did you see the updated pics of the headlights?

Duke

Old 02-21-2006 | 03:58 PM

RP
Hi RP, you are right, after following the link I see that they aren't the ricey clear lights with red inserts or what not.

Can't blame you for not biting on them....WAYY too expensive

Old 02-21-2006 | 10:25 PM
Moderator &
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
What a wimp! Will do the water softner, but won't take one for the team on the taillights! Just Kidding, I wouldn't spend $250 on them, even if they were proven to be awesome. Too steep a price for taillights. Hopefully HIDPlanet gets those other ones in soon or lets us know whats up with them.

Side Note: Did you see the updated pics of the headlights?

Duke
LOL! Poke and prod me on my water filter review why don't cha? I spent a lot of time on that beast of a review! Pictures, commentation... it had the works!

Shameless Spot Free Water Filter / Softener Thread Plug

But, I degress.... you're right, I won't spend it on the tail lights! LOL!

I didn't catch the updated pics... link me!

RP

Old 02-22-2006 | 12:39 AM
LOL! Poke and prod me on my water filter review why don't cha? I spent a lot of time on that beast of a review! Pictures, commentation... it had the works!

Shameless Spot Free Water Filter / Softener Thread Plug

But, I degress.... you're right, I won't spend it on the tail lights! LOL!

I didn't catch the updated pics... link me!

RP

Geese RP what a bum! Ah for some reason I'm enjoying giving you a hard time today, not quite sure why.

Oh well, I guess I'll just give a shameless plug for my HID headlights! Shameless Plug for my incredibly awesome HID retrofit

I'm not crazy about the rivets. There is four of them to hold on the carbon fiber in case it gets so hot from the projectors, that it melts the adhesive.

We're discussing taking it back apart and finding another way to attach the carbon fiber, possibly by putting the rivets behind the chrome shroud. However, this would delay everything for another two weeks.

P.S. That was an awesome review of the water softner! For a great review of HIDs for our trucks see Promoting the ton of help and information I provided about HID and our trucks, with some editing, some of my posts could be sticky material

Duke

Last edited by F150 Duke; 02-22-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-28-2006 | 04:20 PM
Well I was at the main warehouse this afternoon and picked up 3 sets and I plan to install a set for my truck. I will take pictures once they are installed (its raining right now).
I did find out however that the main LED cluster us only used for brake and tail light functions. The lower 3 Celis bars are the parking circuit. Might be a little strange/different at night when only the celis is lit up, but the brake/turn will definatly get your attention.

Also an intersting find is that they dont bolt up directly with the 2005 and possibly 2006. They were designed on a 2004 and the lower brace on the truck (after you remove the OE tail lamp) gets in the way slightly and needs to me cut away ot bent inwards to clear the tail lamp. I'll do a write up once they are installed.
Oh...the reverse signal area is CLEAR.

Old 02-28-2006 | 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by HIDPLANET
Well I was at the main warehouse this afternoon and picked up 3 sets and I plan to install a set for my truck. I will take pictures once they are installed (its raining right now).
I did find out however that the main LED cluster us only used for brake and tail light functions. The lower 3 Celis bars are the parking circuit. Might be a little strange/different at night when only the celis is lit up, but the brake/turn will definatly get your attention.

Also an intersting find is that they dont bolt up directly with the 2005 and possibly 2006. They were designed on a 2004 and the lower brace on the truck (after you remove the OE tail lamp) gets in the way slightly and needs to me cut away ot bent inwards to clear the tail lamp. I'll do a write up once they are installed.
Oh...the reverse signal area is CLEAR.
Odd. So when the headlights are on, the LEDs arn't (unless braking or using the turn signal)? Wouldn't this not be too safe at night (kinda look like your taillights are out)?

I look forward to seeing the pics and the write up.

Thanks again,

Duke

Old 02-28-2006 | 10:06 PM
Moderator &
I really look forward to seeing these as well HID... please keep us posted.

Old 03-01-2006 | 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Indiana-red4x4
Who makes them?

Like many other things, Most likely CHINA

Old 03-03-2006 | 11:18 PM
Moderator &
As an update to this thread...

It appears that the LED Tails originally referenced in this thread are APC....

Stylin' Concepts has them now for $300. Ouch.

Old 03-08-2006 | 11:41 PM
Moderator &
Okay... SOMEONE fess up... surely someone has installed these things!!!

Old 03-09-2006 | 09:22 AM
Okay... SOMEONE fess up... surely someone has installed these things!!!
I'm waiting to see HIDPlanets review of these taillights that he bought! Cmon HIDPlanet! It couldn't have been raining this long!

Duke

Old 03-11-2006 | 01:34 AM
Moderator &
Hey HIDPLANET -- You around bud? Really curious to hear about those tails.

Old 03-11-2006 | 08:15 AM
Old 03-13-2006 | 11:00 PM
Moderator &
**bUmP**

Anyone seen HIDPLANET?

Quick Reply: hey rockpick,TAILLIGHTS,might be what your lookin for