2004 - 2008 F-150

Doors on these fords...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006 | 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by thooor
Would tight spots be any better with the bigger rear doors of a screw? Dunno, just asking.
It'd be better. I have no problem getting out of the driver's door in my scab (or anyone getting out of my 4 door car). The problem is in the suicide design, basically the front door needs to be open to open the rear creating the dreaded \ /. The "V" shape makes the exit point really small.

Old 02-14-2006 | 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by razorsharp1
Vader;

I disagree. I bought a SCAB because it is what I wanted. You are just upset because you realize now how useless that little tiny bed on the back of your truck really is.

Useless? Im pretty sure we can get the 5.5 or 6.5....so THERE haha

Old 02-14-2006 | 08:29 PM
a scab is better that a screw, one is da front doors are bigger than da screw, da room size of da whole truck of both are the same, and da screws are more like family type lookin trucks those with kids, im not married or kids so da scab looks better for me and tougher, i get lots of luvin wit my trukk, i dont have no complains on da doors my truck rocks

Old 02-14-2006 | 08:35 PM
BTW, Scab is what I wanted: quad fits w/ tailgate closed plus I like the looks better than the screw
AMEN! The SCab has much better proportions. The SCrew looks like an Explorer Sport Trac to me. Long cab+short bed=misproportioned!

Old 02-14-2006 | 08:36 PM
Suspended
I do not like doors on the 04+ thier two small for entry and exit, reg cab, ext cab, can't comment on the super crew....How ever on my 02 F-150 super cab, booth pass and driver door would vibrate like crazy on the road, with the window down, you could feel the door nove....on my 04, door are solid, just a wee bit two small...dodge has the bigest, even Chevy has bigger drive-pass doors.

Old 02-14-2006 | 08:37 PM
Suspended
sorry abougt my twyping....

Old 02-14-2006 | 09:00 PM
Would tight spots be any better with the bigger rear doors of a screw? Dunno, just asking.

My 'trick' for getting junior out of the back in a tight spot is to close the front door after opening the rear all the way. If the spot is too tight to open the small rear door, then I find another spot.
The SCrew is much easier in tight parking spots. I had a '98 SCab prior to this truck and I hated going somewhere with my kids in the back. I had to get them out, partially close the back door for them to get out of the way so that they did not get hit by the door then close the door.

The SCrew is just like a 4-door car. You open it and you are out of the way of the doors like a normal vehicle.

The bigger problem with the SCab and kids was rear facing infant car seats. Luckily, I had the captain's chairs so it would fit in the middle of the back without one of the front seats pushed way up. The problem was reaching over to buckle the little one in and forget aoubt picking up an infant car seat all the way up and over to put it in it's base.

With 3 kids (1 in a rear facing seat) I had to go with a SCrew this time. I do not take all 3 very often but when I do they are very comfortable.

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by anaheim
Problem with the doors? Thats a new one. I must have gotten a special Supercab, never had a problem with the doors.

They must have made at least two of those "special" ones.

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
amen....get a regular cab or a screw....scabs are for those who cant figure out what they want.....
or those who just want to put a subwoofer and an occasional passenger in the rear, but dont wanna pay the additional 5k price tag for sport track, I mean Screw

But seriously, I think it all comes down to what you need more.
If you have kids or use the truck for family purposes, then the Screw is the way to go. It is easier to get in and out of and more legroom in the rear.
I just wanted some extra space for a subwoofer and the very occasional passenger. I never go back there, but its there if I really need it so the extra passenger doesnt have to ride in the bed
Also I needed the six foot bed for a 6 foot ladder I use for work. My friend with the Screw had to get a 4 foot ladder and is always borrowing mine on the jobsite

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:07 PM
Allright -- I'll add my b*tch....

A REGULAR CAB TRUCK IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO HAVE TWO DOORS! IF I WANTED A PAIR OF "MICKEY MOUSE" REAR DOORS I WOULD HAVE ORDERED A SCAB! MAY AN EVIL CURSE BE CAST UPON THE "FORD SUIT" WHO DECIDED TO DO AWAY WITH TRUE REGULAR CAB TRUCKS ON THE NEW BODYSTYLE!

Ok, I'm done now....

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:08 PM
Suspended
I've had full sized dirtbikes in the bed of my SCREW with the tailgate closed, no problem.

SCREWS > SCABS

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:11 PM
Suspended
Cool

Originally Posted by ddellwo
Allright -- I'll add my b*tch....

A REGULAR CAB TRUCK IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO HAVE TWO DOORS! IF I WANTED A PAIR OF "MICKEY MOUSE" REAR DOORS I WOULD HAVE ORDERED A SCAB! MAY AN EVIL CURSE BE CAST UPON THE "FORD SUIT" WHO DECIDED TO DO AWAY WITH TRUE REGULAR CAB TRUCKS ON THE NEW BODYSTYLE!

Ok, I'm done now....
I 100% agree.....the micky mouse door's would be better served attached to the driver and passenger doors..........

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I've had full sized dirtbikes in the bed of my SCREW with the tailgate closed, no problem.

SCREWS > SCABS
But you still cant fit a 6 foot ladder

Like I said, all depends what you need it for.

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:14 PM
scabs are real trucks. screws are for people who wish they had an SUV

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
I 100% agree.....the micky mouse door's would be better served attached to the driver and passenger doors..........
you do realize the longer the door, the harder it makes it to get in and out in a parking spot.

Quick Reply: Doors on these fords...