2004 - 2008 F-150

Doors on these fords...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006 | 08:17 AM
|
Doors on these fords...

I hate em. I have a Scab with the suicide doors.. And they really do make me want to commit it! That f'in front door always hits me in the back of the leg, upper calf .. It never stays open. its like there's not a stopper on the door to keep it open.

stupid door... arrgggg

just venting... it happend again this weekend.. no thanks to the wind...

chris

Edit: And why didnt they make a piller in between these?.. I hate that sound of that front door closing on that bare metal.. **bang**.. cringe...

Old 02-14-2006 | 09:01 AM
Amen brother. I hate the stopper on these front doors. They don't hold open well enough at all. The back doors seem to do just fine, but the fronts are horrible.

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:54 AM
Come on boys...thats an easy fix. SuperCrew.

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by TXScrewZHD
Come on boys...thats an easy fix. SuperCrew.

amen....get a regular cab or a screw....scabs are for those who cant figure out what they want.....

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:25 AM
Vader;

I disagree. I bought a SCAB because it is what I wanted. You are just upset because you realize now how useless that little tiny bed on the back of your truck really is.

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:33 AM
screws better?

the front doors on the screws are a little smaller right? do you guys have trouble w/ these staying open?

BTW, Scab is what I wanted: quad fits w/ tailgate closed plus I like the looks better than the screw

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by razorsharp1
Vader;

I disagree. I bought a SCAB because it is what I wanted. You are just upset because you realize now how useless that little tiny bed on the back of your truck really is.

size doesnt matter....isnt that what they say?

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:58 AM
mj8
I haven't got my SCAB yet but I ordered it because I think it looks better. I don't care for the short front doors on the S-Crew. 6.5 bed on a Scab looks pretty tough.

Can't comment on the door's staying open, I have never even sat in one of these trucks before.

Old 02-14-2006 | 01:47 PM
The real problem with the scab for me is opening the rear suicide doors in tight parking spots. It's near impossible to get my 3 year-old out the back. While I love my truck, if I could do it over again...I definately go for the screw. I use the back seat way more often than the extra foot of bed.

Old 02-14-2006 | 01:51 PM
Problem with the doors? Thats a new one. I must have gotten a special Supercab, never had a problem with the doors.

Old 02-14-2006 | 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by mj8
I haven't got my SCAB yet but I ordered it because I think it looks better. I don't care for the short front doors on the S-Crew. 6.5 bed on a Scab looks pretty tough.

Can't comment on the door's staying open, I have never even sat in one of these trucks before.

My Scab only has a problem keeping the doors (front or rear) open on inclines. I've had strong winds blowing at them and the don't budge if I'm on level ground. Maybe ya'lls hinges are loose near the body? If it's still in warranty, I'd get it looked at just for the heck of it.

Last edited by BigTRQ; 02-14-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2006 | 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Hankdoll
The real problem with the scab for me is opening the rear suicide doors in tight parking spots. It's near impossible to get my 3 year-old out the back. While I love my truck, if I could do it over again...I definately go for the screw. I use the back seat way more often than the extra foot of bed.

Ya getting my little girl out of the back in a tight parking lot is the only problem I have with the Scab otherwise I love it.

Old 02-14-2006 | 02:09 PM
Would tight spots be any better with the bigger rear doors of a screw? Dunno, just asking.

My 'trick' for getting junior out of the back in a tight spot is to close the front door after opening the rear all the way. If the spot is too tight to open the small rear door, then I find another spot.

Old 02-14-2006 | 02:37 PM
I agree completely.

I dont park anywhere close to where a doorc whacking can take place anyway. Drives my wife crazy when I park at the other end of teh parking lot just so no one is near me

That being said though, I have people in the back all the time and never have any door issues, so far they are staying open great.

Old 02-14-2006 | 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by thooor
...My 'trick' for getting junior out of the back in a tight spot is to close the front door after opening the rear all the way. If the spot is too tight to open the small rear door, then I find another spot...
this is basically what I do also. But ya have to admit it IS a pain in the ****.
I just went and measured and a 6.5' SCrew would still fit in my garage by 1". Maybe I need to start shopping again

Quick Reply: Doors on these fords...