2004 - 2008 F-150

Question on adding a power outlet...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:42 PM
|
Question on adding a power outlet...

Wandering if anyone has added a additional power point to their 150. With cell phones and all the other gadgets I play with I find that I sometime need another 12 volt outlet. I would like to add one just to the left of the lighter outlet. My cig lighter is on the far left of the dash module so it would be mounted on the grey part of the dash. There seems to be enough room behind the dash for it but I don't know what outlet I might need. Anybody have any ideas or experience with this?

Old 02-14-2006 | 10:49 PM
how about getting one of those splitters that have 2 or 4 outlets. They have em at walmart, etc? But if you want the clean look mounting a permanant one is pretty easy. Just try to use one of the removable panels to cut through not the actual dash (incase you ever want to delete it). Then run a wire to the fuse box.

Old 02-15-2006 | 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by L Squared
Wandering if anyone has added a additional power point to their 150. With cell phones and all the other gadgets I play with I find that I sometime need another 12 volt outlet. I would like to add one just to the left of the lighter outlet. My cig lighter is on the far left of the dash module so it would be mounted on the grey part of the dash. There seems to be enough room behind the dash for it but I don't know what outlet I might need. Anybody have any ideas or experience with this?
Is your truck a 4wd? If not you can get a factory 12V outlet (like the one on the right side of the dash) and mount it in the hole the worthless coin holder is taking up now.

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:48 PM
|
My truck is a 4X4 so I don't have that option. It's really difficult to find a spot to use. Any other ideas?

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:06 PM
How about getting one of those 3 or 4 ways and mounting it inside of the ashtray? That way you can just close it and everything is out of sight

Quick Reply: Question on adding a power outlet...