2004 - 2008 F-150

Is it just me or is there no light in the glove box or under the hood on 2005?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:40 PM
If you don't have the tools or the know-how to stop complaining and put a light under the hood, you probably shouldn't be doing anything under there anyways.....

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
My complain wasnt about a light is was about how they cut corner (if you read it you would understand that). Second I also have a 05 Tahoe that blows away the quality of my F-150. If you dont like what your reading go elswhere thats what these forums are for.
If you beleive that Chevy's quality is better than the new Fords then you have not driven your Chevy for long. My last 2 vehicles were Chevys and the quality of the vehicles is some of the worst in the auto business. I am also a ex mechanic for GM for a point of reference. After the last two vehicles I will never own a Chevy again(besides GM will be bankrupt and gone soon unless someone come in and saves them).

The quality of my Ford simply blows away anything that GM has put out in the last 20 years including their supposed top line Cadillac(what a joke).

You can bash all you want but, please make it elsewhere. There are many of us on this site that really like there Ford trucks...I am one.

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:56 PM
Old 02-15-2006 | 05:57 PM
Banned
Yeah, I dont get pissed with it.. You have other interior lights and the hood why are you looking under it at night? and if you are aren't you in your garage?? Unless you break down.. and you shouldn't be it's new!

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by f150superdave
If you don't have the tools or the know-how to stop complaining and put a light under the hood, you probably shouldn't be doing anything under there anyways.....
I didn't start this thread to read a bunch of BS and putdowns. I just wondered if my truck was supposed to have those items. I just noticed them missing and was curious.

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:20 PM
Agree 100%, after my extended warrenty is up the truck is gone.

Nickr the comments are not intended for you, they started after this above comment by someone else. T
The answer to your question: there is a light group option that includes those lights is what I understand. I didnt think you would trade your truck in because it did not have a hood light buddy

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:22 PM
My complain wasnt about a light is was about how they cut corner (if you read it you would understand that). Second I also have a 05 Tahoe that blows away the quality of my F-150. If you dont like what your reading go elswhere thats what these forums are for.
I think the quality of your attitude sucks. Its people like you that complain and bash ford that we DONT need on this site. So YOU my friend, go elsewhere.

BTW....Ford sure cuts corners dont they? That would be why they have a 5 star crash test rating where as that pop can on wheels tahoe of yours has a 3. Have you ever watched the truth about trucks? If not i suggest you do.

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by Red05stx
Nickr the comments are not intended for you, they started after this above comment by someone else. T
The answer to your question: there is a light group option that includes those lights is what I understand. I didnt think you would trade your truck in because it did not have a hood light buddy
That's fine. I was just saying that I wasn't complaining about not having them, I was making sure they wasn't "supposed to be there."

Old 02-15-2006 | 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by trytokeepup
I think the quality of your attitude sucks. Its people like you that complain and bash ford that we DONT need on this site. So YOU my friend, go elsewhere.

BTW....Ford sure cuts corners dont they? That would be why they have a 5 star crash test rating where as that pop can on wheels tahoe of yours has a 3. Have you ever watched the truth about trucks? If not i suggest you do.
Look im not looking into getting into a pissing match here, I do like my truck but for a new truck they come with a lot of problems and 90% of the people on this site can agree weather you are one of them or not. If your truck is problem free thats great. As for crash ratings look at the results that just came out, the truck did good but the occupants inside didnt do to well. I have the Truth about Ford and that was one reason I bought the truck. My Tahoe is 18 months old and has only been in the dealer once and that was for and inspection sticker. Im sure also Chevy or Dodge can make a video bragging how great there trucks are and point out all the good points too. Sorry if you dont like my attitude but I dont care, you took this post way out of content. I didnt start this post and I never started one like this. I come here to get informed and thats it.

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by BirdyMaker
If you beleive that Chevy's quality is better than the new Fords then you have not driven your Chevy for long. My last 2 vehicles were Chevys and the quality of the vehicles is some of the worst in the auto business. I am also a ex mechanic for GM for a point of reference. After the last two vehicles I will never own a Chevy again(besides GM will be bankrupt and gone soon unless someone come in and saves them).

The quality of my Ford simply blows away anything that GM has put out in the last 20 years including their supposed top line Cadillac(what a joke).

You can bash all you want but, please make it elsewhere. There are many of us on this site that really like there Ford trucks...I am one.
This is our second Tahoe and had great luck with them and everyone is entitled to there opinion. Ours has been problem free and we cant complain. If you read any of my post on here I havent bashed ford once all I said is they cut corners thats is. Everyone just wants to get into a pissing match flexing there internet muscles.

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:19 PM
As for crash ratings look at the results that just came out, the truck did good but the occupants inside didnt do to well.
Where did you get this information? Click these links to compare and you tell me which one is better.......

F150 Crash test
Tahoe Crash test

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:27 PM
This is our second Tahoe and had great luck with them and everyone is entitled to there opinion. Ours has been problem free and we cant complain. If you read any of my post on here I havent bashed ford once all I said is they cut corners thats is. Everyone just wants to get into a pissing match flexing there internet muscles.
What is your truck? Lariat? or what?

Could you please tell me where ford is cutting corners? Id just like to know what corners you think they are cutting. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:27 PM
Ummm..back to the lights..I have plenty. I can throw one in the glove box and hang one under the hood if I need to.

BREW

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:28 PM
^^ Muahaha....hell i dont need light......I do my best work IN the dark....

Old 02-15-2006 | 07:36 PM
who needs a Light under the hood? Its a Ford, you shouldn't even be looking under there at night or at all!

to the guy who claims Chevys have better quality, I only have this to say......ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! Chevys quality is seriously junk compared to Ford.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or is there no light in the glove box or under the hood on 2005?