2004 - 2008 F-150

Texas Model

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006 | 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I have never heard a system like that, maybe that is the cause for my disinterest in expensive audio systems.
You are only disinterested in audio....prior to riding in a vehicle with nice audio. No, I'm not talking about subs the size of your pickup bed driven by more wattage than my house electrical service. I'm talking about sound quality speakers driven by enough to make them happy. Tight bass, not reverberating look I can bounce a quarter off the hood teenage LOOKATME crap. Nice, tight sound quality...and brother you are in heaven. The back of my hand to the annoying wanna be gangsta's.

Bill

Old 02-26-2006 | 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by billindenver
You are only disinterested in audio....prior to riding in a vehicle with nice audio. No, I'm not talking about subs the size of your pickup bed driven by more wattage than my house electrical service. I'm talking about sound quality speakers driven by enough to make them happy. Tight bass, not reverberating look I can bounce a quarter off the hood teenage LOOKATME crap. Nice, tight sound quality...and brother you are in heaven. The back of my hand to the annoying wanna be gangsta's.

Bill
W3Rd up DenverBill

Old 02-26-2006 | 02:23 PM
Truck of the Month
I know as soon as I'm in a vehicle with expensive components (not those damn 15" solobarics that shake and rattle everyone around you's car), with crisp clean bass like my 8" factory one, only louder. Cleaner audio coming from the door speakers (components?), etc, I'll be hooked. I've never heard components, only quality 6x9's and I've never really been too impressed with them or ANY car's system for that matter. If you can make a car sound like my home audio system, my interest will be born. I want to preserve the richness and clean sounding bass I have with my 8" premium package and make it louder, and I want the door speakers to get a little louder and cleaner when they are at full blast. I am planning on getting a Kenwood ddx8017 or 7017 unit and would like to be blown away by the dvd audio without going the 5.1 way, unless I can do it relatively cheap (if it's over $500 I can do with my factory system). Anyway to just use a larger amp to power the rear 8" and push it to it's limits and just purchase components for the door speakers? Will that be impressive by any means. The balance with the Audiophile package is awesome, the bass does not overflow the treble, it's definitely there but I can still hear the music, I'd like some more of both. A louder, cleaner system. I'm probably dreaming at getting that for $500. So...do I have any options? If it's going to cost much more than that I can do with my premium sound package, it still sounds great. Sometimes I just feel the urge to be shaking at my own discretion, not others.

Last edited by Josiah; 02-26-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2006 | 03:59 PM
ayresusn, not many queers left in Texas, best I can tell they're all in Hawaii now, last time i was over there, mahu was everywhere, nasty

Last edited by bill maier; 02-26-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-26-2006 | 07:54 PM
Josiah, om better speakers and amps than an expensive DVD player. You notice I put the 6019 on there instead of the 8017. The 8017 rocks its socks off the 6019, audio wise is better than the 7017 becuase of the pre-volt output. The Focal components run around 600+, but don't let that scare you. I had some amazing experice with 5.25 Kenwood Excelon's in my old rig. And as far as amp. Look for a good clean one. I was using all old school punch series amp's and they freakin rocked.

Run this to the front speakers. (ebay is a little risky but knock on wood it has always worked out for me.)
http://cgi.ebay.com/PUNCH-360-a2-ROC...QQcmdZViewItem

RUn these in the front doors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MB-Quart-DSE-213...QQcmdZViewItem

Run the factory sub as it is that way you
1. Eliminate the cost of another amp.
2. You don't fry the sub, as no one really knows what it can take,max.
3. the speakers will give you great midfill and will really let you system hum..

These are just some cost savings ideas that will make your ride sound a whole lot better.

Old 02-26-2006 | 09:06 PM
They are made for gay guys, because we all know that only steers and queers come from Texas.
How can you call us gay when you guys are running around with "Gay Pride Colors" on you're plates?

Old 02-26-2006 | 09:27 PM
Moderator &
These are all 'dealer add-on' packages... the Texas edition, as aforementioned, was put out to supplement the lack of a King Ranch F-150 from Ford...

Old 02-27-2006 | 08:32 PM
The Texas editions offer a few extra features at a more enticing price. I test drove one with rear parking sensors, alloy wheels, chrome bumpers and chrome side steps that came standard. They tend to be a better price than other models similarly equipped. Other states also have editions specific to their market which may interest more buyers in the area.I looked at the Texas Edition BUT; I kept coming back to the FX4.

Last edited by TX-FX-4; 02-28-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Texas Model