2004 - 2008 F-150

warranty problem w/intake system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006 | 04:21 PM
|
warranty problem w/intake system?

Has anybody ever had their warranty voided beacause of a intake system mod? I just installed a k&n 77 series intake system, and I have to take my truck in tomorrow to have the driveshaft checked out.I guess I could return it to stock before I bring it in. but I donn't want to unless I have to.

Old 02-27-2006 | 04:28 PM
The intake wont be a problem. If you were taking it in for a MAF sensor problem or something like that - they may blame the intake but not for a driveshaft.

Read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...#Magnuson-Moss

Old 02-27-2006 | 04:31 PM
no problem here.....last August, took my truck in for throttle lag and got it back with reflash. I did notice on the invoice, they noted K&N intake system. I'm sure if I had any issue with check engine light assoicated with air/fuel mix problem, they might throw me to the curb but so far no problem. Besides, your driveshaft has nothing to do with air intake unless your driveshaft is turbine driven unit from air intake.

Old 02-27-2006 | 08:16 PM
They should not void warranty UNLESS they can prove that your modifications or aftermarket parts were the sole reason for the vehicles problems.

Quick Reply: warranty problem w/intake system?